Subject: kernel hacking noise

From: [email-masked] (Larry McVoy)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:26:11 -0800

Hi-
	I'm working with a guy at Rutgers that is doing the sparc linux ports.
We're trying to get him in here this summer to do a mips linux port.  Anyway,
we have a lot of discussions going on about kernel performance hacks, etc.
To me, and possibly to other OS hackers, they are really interesting (stuff
like optimizing system entry costs - he went from 128 usecs to 3 on a sparc
classic).  I know there is a subset of the people on this list that might be
interested in seeing this mail, but I don't know if the whole list wants to
see it.  The volume is typically 1-10 messages / day.  

	What I want to know is would anyone on this list _not_ like to see
this mail?  If you don't reply, I'll assume it is OK with you.  If you do 
reply, then I'll create a separate list for the kernel hacking.  

Thanks,

--lm
---
Larry McVoy     [email-masked]     http://reality.sgi.com/lm     (415) 933-1804
Copyright 1996, all rights reserved.   Microsoft Network is prohibited from
redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part without license.
License to distribute this work is available to Microsoft at $500.
Transmission without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.