Subject: Some material for thought

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 19:33:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

It is Friday again, I hope that no announcement on buying
another high-end company is coming this Monday. I had really bad
timing with the Linux mailing list creation ...

Anyway, since you're so busy and quiet and since the PowerPC
Linux page (http://speedy.redhat.com/ppc/) just had some
really good news (Linux on PPC is now real) I thought about
maintaining the one email/week traffic.

In the latest reorg memo, TJ wrote (quote):

"We will increase competitive pressure on other suppliers such
 as Sun and HP and Wintel based PC products by directly attacking
 their low-end workstation offerings with superior technology and
 better price-performance." 

This is revolutionary thinking at SGI.  Moreover, it is a clear
green light from up above to change the way we think.

Free-software should be a part of that strategy.
So, please take some time, and read the following:

   http://info.engr.sgi.com/~ariel/linux/free-software.html

   (the first one was written for those who are not familiar
    with free software, for you it may be obvious)

And then, read some specifics in:

   http://info.engr.sgi.com/~ariel/linux/

Send me your comments. Good or Bad.
[Again, please don't distribute this beyond the list yet.]
-- 
Peace, Ariel