Subject: Linux/MIPS port resources

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 11:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

I was thinking about what should we do to make David Miller come
up to speed as fast as possible when he comes for the summer.
After all, he may not be familiar with MIPS assembly, IRIX etc.

So I set up a *preliminary* Web page with a list of resources
for the Linux/MIPS port. Most of the pointers are from Bill Earl,
thanks Bill.

Please send me suggestions for improvement, what's missing, etc.
This is just a quick first shot so you get the idea. The 6.2
freeware gcc is not yet configured to work with GNU-as (so it uses
stabs and supports debugging) and our linker. I'll be working
on this next week.

We also need to make sure that all the equipment, the office, etc.
is ready when David lands here. I assume someone is taking care of
all this (?). And that someone with intimate knowledge of our low
level stuff is really available to assist him on call.

I'll leave it to Larry or Greg to announce the details on David
Miller's accepting SGI's offer.   p l e a s e  :-)

6 weeks to go...
-- 
Peace, Ariel