Subject: Re: CVS commit mailing list?

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 00:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

If anyone on the linux@engr list is _not_ interested in these
CVS commit auto reports, let me know and I'll ask majordomo-owner
to create a separate:

	linux-progress@engr

majordomo list.

Until we see objections/too-much-traffic, I think Dave can
go ahead and auto-mail the reports to linux@engr

Personally, I think I'll find these interesting.

Anyone?

>
>I wouldn't mind if you just pointed it at linux@engr (i.e., this list).
>Anyone else?
>
>--lm
>---
>Larry McVoy     [email-masked]     http://reality.sgi.com/lm     (415) 933-1804
>Copyright 1996, all rights reserved.   Microsoft Network is prohibited from
>redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part without license.
>License to distribute this work is available to Microsoft at $500.
>Transmission without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.
>

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: "Kwesi Ames" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:15:54 -0400

[snip]
> Personally, I think I'll find these interesting.

I too find  them interesting.

-Kwesi

> >I wouldn't mind if you just pointed it at linux@engr (i.e., this list).
[chomp]

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
								Kwesi O. Ames
						  Systems Engineering Support
                                                        Silicon Graphics Inc.
								  [email-masked]

			"I was one in a MILLON"

				    corp voicemail (800) 326-1020 ext. 5-8713
							 phone (301) 572-3255
							 fax   (301) 572-3280
						   http://reality.sgi.com/koa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: [email-masked] (William J. Earl)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:18:04 -0700

> Personally, I think I'll find these interesting.
...

      I am interested too, but I would rather have two lists, just as
we normally do for regular development (sgi.bugs.xxx for bug reports and
checkins about xxx, sgi.engr.xxx for general discussion about xxx).  
Why don't you set up linux-progress as a clone of linux to start, and 
people who tire of the reports can unsubscribe from the linux-progress.
Having a separate list will also make a little easier to search the
archives later on.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I requested

	linux-progress

to be created on majordomo@engr.

I guess it'll take some time till someone gets time to set this up,
I'll let you know when it is ready.

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 23:42:00 -0700

From: ariel@yon (Ariel Faigon)
   Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

   OK, I requested

	   linux-progress

When you tell me it is up I will point the CVS commit mails at it,
thanks Ariel.

Later,
David S. Miller
[email-masked]