Subject: wheee, irix binaries...

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 05:28:20 -0700

Well, it at least appears that I have a stock IRIX 'sed' binary
working.  The initial framework for IRIX syscall compatability is in
the tree now and I will just whack away at this until most
'reasonable' binaries work.

For those who are wondering, sproc() shouldn't even be that hard
believe it or not, in fact I am told someone out there in linux land
has already written the kernel code for preliminary support.

Later,
David S. Miller
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Larry McVoy)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 11:03:02 -0700

: For those who are wondering, sproc() shouldn't even be that hard
: believe it or not, in fact I am told someone out there in linux land
: has already written the kernel code for preliminary support.

Linus already has something called "clone" which is quite similar to
sproc().  Somebody did the arg swizlling so that most sproced stuff
works.