Subject: (Fwd) Libraries uploaded

From: "Alistair Lambie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 12:26:56 +0000

David,

Looks like the new GNU libc stuff needs a newer kernel.  Do you have any plans
to roll to a later one in the near future?

Cheers, Alistair

--- Forwarded mail from Systemkennung Linux <[email-masked]>

From: Systemkennung Linux <[email-masked]>
Subject: Libraries uploaded
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 15:45:53 +0200 (MET DST)
Reply-To: Systemkennung Linux <[email-masked]>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi all,

I've uploaded the first shared library binaries for Linux/MIPS to ftp.fnet.fr
where they'll appear in /linux-mips/ as soon as someone has moved them online.
The binaries are based on GNU libc snapshot 960619.

In order to use these libraries you also have to:

 - Run Linux/MIPS kernel version 2.0.1 or newer.  I'll upload this one rsn.

 - Install new binutils and GCC.  These are yet unreleased; I'll release the
   patches rsn.  This is necessary even if you link your programs static only
   because on MIPS even the static archives contain PIC code which the current
   binutils can't handle.

The dynamic linker clearly still has alpha status; expect to see all sorts of
bugs.  The little endian binaries are those that I use on my system.  I
provide the big endian binaries untested and in the hope that they'll be
usefull.

  Ralf

e015d5d14cd2d9d38c30a01eafc6628f  mips-linuxelf/libc-960619-2.tar.gz
c23155bfbb0a62a119cc2ffae9d54b50  mipsel-linuxelf/libc-960619-2.tar.gz

---End of forwarded mail from Systemkennung Linux
<[email-masked]>

-- 
Alistair Lambie					    [email-masked]
Silicon Graphics New Zealand				  SGI Voicemail: 56791
Level 5, Walsh Wrightson Tower,				    Ph: +64-4-802 1455
94-96 Dixon St, Wellington, NZ			  	   Fax: +64-4-802 1459

---

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 17:29:12 -0700

From: "Alistair Lambie" <[email-masked]>
   Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 12:26:56 +0000

   Looks like the new GNU libc stuff needs a newer kernel.  Do you
   have any plans to roll to a later one in the near future?

I'll perform a full merge this evening, will certainly be more fun
than IRIX syscall compatability stuff I am working on now ;-)

Later,
David S. Miller
[email-masked]