Subject: Short update

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 22:20:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I suspect by now you are all wondering whether our SGI/Linux
adventure is dead and forgotten since David went back to school.

Well, I have some good news. it seems the long hiatus is over.
We shipped two Indys to David at Rutgers, they were DOA and
we had some delay in getting them fixed.

Today David emailed me that the two machines are in his office
and working fine. He's is ready to give the port the final push
to make it ready for prime-time.

Thanks to Kim Vogt, Demetrio Pinto, Larry and Greg for their
help in getting David going again.

More good news (and only good news :-) as they develop.
-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Raj Mathur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 14:39:08 +0530

That Dave Miller is back at massaging Linux to work on the Indy is
great news from Ariel -- Thanks, Ariel.

One of the departments in one of India's premier Technical Institutes,
the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi has decided to
purchase hardware if and only if the vendor can demonstrate Linux
running on it. I hope to meet the professor concerned (*) with this
decision in the coming week (or the week after). Any ammo you can arm
me with to face him and make him consider SGI would be very welcome.

Thanks and regards,

-- Raju
-- 
       Raj Mathur / Web Technical Support / Silicon Graphics / New Delhi
          [email-masked] / +91-11-6211354   / 5-5574
	     PGP: F2 D4 4A 21 27 B0 63 FF  15 97 9D AE 9D 40 BC B8
                           It is the mind that moves.

(*) And good to see that there are a few right-minded people
everywhere :-)