Subject: Linus

From: "Donna Yobs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:14:31 -0800

http://www.uniforum.org/news/html/publications/uninews/970305/thenews5.html

UniForum Bestows Annual Awards

                      The highest award UniForum presents is The
                  UniForum Achievement Award which will be presented
                   to two richly deserving recipients at UniForum '97.
And the winners are:

                                     Linus Torvalds, of Transmeta
                                     Corp, Santa Clara, Calif., is the
                                     "Father of the LINUX Operating
                                     System". The award celebrates
                                     his efforts in creating the LINUX
                                     kernel and his pioneering efforts
                                     in making his work available at
                                     little or no cost to those who
                                     wish to develop on it. The results
                                     to date have been the creation of
                                     new companies and products that
                                     are using LINUX to bring added
                                     value to applications for the
                                     enterprise; and a new
                                     appreciation for the power of a
                                     truly open system.

                               James Gosling, Vice president at
                               SunSoft and a Sun Fellow, is the leader
                               of the Java development team.

-- 

 -------------------------------------------------------------
 Donna Derby Yobs        		     [email-masked]
 Corporate Marketing		Silicon Graphics/Cray Research