Subject: Re: Status? Ping?

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 20:56:58 -0800 (PST)

:
:(I'm assuming I just don't get my own messages back, and that they're
:getting to the rest of the list fine.)
:
All Problems fixed.

:I'm supposed to be getting my Indy any day now, and I'm beginning to
:wonder what state Miguel and Ralf (hi, all!) are at, and what I should
:start with.  (I've also got some friends here eager to help out, and I
:think we'll probably start with some basic userland bits.  Probably
:diskutils, etc.)
:
:Do the others have hardware yet?
:

Here's the hardware status:

Miguel: Indy R5000 150MHz 64MB, 2GB, shipped a week ago
and is apparently stuck in bureaucratic mess. I'll followup
next week but since all Mexico is going on the Easter/Pasqua?
vacation it seems it'll probably take over a week to get
to Miguel.

Mike: getting his own Indy from the Centennial College
Fire sale, (w/ Kevin's help?) I assume.

Ralf: I got an Indy promised from a kind soul. Kind soul
is extremely busy, I keep probing kind soul every couple
of days.

linux.sgi.com - we have a machine. Not yet set up outside
the firewall due to the kudzu rush.  I'll get to it soon
when I'm relieved of other urgent duties.

:How would I go about getting the source tree, once I get my hardware
:here?
:
Ralf has the most up to date source tree (merge with recent Linux
snap shot).  The original (David Miller) source tree is on

	ftp://reality.sgi.com/private/dm/

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:12:18 +0100 (MET)

> :getting to the rest of the list fine.)

Which is the reason why I got a subscription ack once again, I guess?

> is extremely busy, I keep probing kind soul every couple

Luckily I've got enough other MIPS toys.

> 	ftp://reality.sgi.com/private/dm/

David's is based on 2.0.14.  One of my updated trees is available on
kernel.panic.julia.de in
/pub/linux/mips/src/kernel/v2.1/linux-2.1.14.2.tar.gz.  It's is not
the most uptodate tree but I'm working on it.

  Ralf