Subject: Progress in Ottawa

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:59:16 -0500 (EST)

I signed my `thou shalt not do nasty things with this box' papers for
the Indy last night, and I have it from a highly reliable source that
it'll be delivered or available for pickup today.

I'm leaving in an hour for San Fran and then Mountain View, but I've
got a friend here setting it up for me with a serial console on my
machine.  I _should_ be able to get it booting with that, once I
figure out what the filesystem bits have to look like.

Many thanks to everyone for the opportunity to work on this, and
especially to Kevin Needham for his tireless efforts to help me get my
hands on this machine.  This is going to be awesome...

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>      Chief System Architect -- will tame sendmail(8) for food       
#>                                                                     
#> "You are a very perverse individual, and I think I'd like to get to 
#>  know you better." --- [email-masked]

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:38:58 -0600

> it'll be delivered or available for pickup today.

Good!

I talked with the SGI people in Mexico, still no news regarding the
Indy arrival.

I am going to LinuxExpo to talk about the new Linux RAID-1, 4 and 5
(www.linuxexpo.org).  I am leaving tomorrow morning.  I will be back
on sunday evening, I bet my Indy will be here at my return :-)

Cheers,
Miguel.