Subject: indyIRQ.S vs irq.c

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 01:44:03 -0400 (EDT)

The comments in the mips/kernel Makefile indicate that the SGIs need a
different IRQ setup, and so they don't use mips/kernel/irq.c.

And yet, in mips/kernel/irq.c, we have things like:
#ifdef CONFIG_SGI
#include <asm/sgialib.h>
#endif

I presume that this stuff is vestigial from davem's early hacking, but
I'm wondering whether it's best to try and hack local_irq_count,
etc. support into indyIRQ.S, or to try and integrate the Indy support
into irq.c.  I'm much better with C, so the latter is tempting, but I
figure there's a reason Dave decided to keep them separate.

Advice?

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>              Linux: because every cycle counts.
#>
#> "I don't know what you do for a living[...]" -- [email-masked]
#>        "I change the world." -- [email-masked]