Subject: .36 progresss

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 20:39:45 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I've "fixed up" (where "fixed up" means that they now compile
without error):
drivers/scsi/wd33c93.c
arch/mips/sgi/setup.c
arch/mips/indy_int.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixioctl.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixelf.c
arch/mips/kernel/irixsig.c

Left to do are:
entry.S
head.S
sysirix.c (boy, will _that_ be fun... =/)

The problems with entry.S are related to the BUILD_HANDLER macro set,
it seems, and the errors in question look like:
entry.S: Assembler messages:
entry.S:207: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:207: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:208: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:208: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:215: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:215: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:217: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:217: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:218: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:218: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:219: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored
entry.S:219: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored

head.S's problem gives an identical error, but the code doesn't seem
similar:
head.S: Assembler messages:
head.S:281: Error: .previous without corresponding .section; ignored

   278          LEAF(except_vec2_generic)
   279          /* Famous last words: unreached */
   280          mfc0    a1,CP0_ERROREPC
   281          PRINT("Cache error exception: c0_errorepc == %08x\n")
   282  1:
   283          j       1b

You all know how good I am with assembly, so I might have to wait for
Ralf to return. =)

In the meantime, I'll hack away at sysirix.c.  (Did it always give
piles of "control reaches end of non-void function" warnings?)

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked])      Information Warfare Division  
#> Chief Tactical and Strategic Officer         "Saepe fidelis"        
#>                                                                     
#> "I like your game, but we have to change the rules." -- Anon        
#>

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 13:52:15 +0200 (MET DST)

[stuff about too many compilation errors in .36 ...]

I've fixed most of the problems in my .37 tree.  An Indy kernel will build
now.  More testing will be done when I receive my Indy.  Until then I'll
just counting backwards slowly ...

  Ralf

---

From: Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:29:06 +0200

Ralf Baechle wrote:
> I've fixed most of the problems in my .37 tree.  An Indy kernel
> will build now.  More testing will be done when I receive my
> Indy.  Until then I'll just counting backwards slowly ...
> 
>   Ralf

  you are down to "1".

Martin
-- 
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|---------------------------------| Phone: (+int) 89 46108-179 or -0  |
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|e-mail: <[email-masked]>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:40:48 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> > Indy.  Until then I'll just counting backwards slowly ...

Sounds like you're delivering by parachute drop ;-)

Btw, will anybody on this list (aside of David ...) be on the Linux
Kongress in Wuerzburg next week?  Would be nice to meet there.

  Ralf

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

> just counting backwards slowly ...

Cool!
Can I get my hands on a source tree?

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>                   Welcome to the technocracy.
#>                                                                     
#> "you'd be so disappointed
#>              to find out that the magic was not
#>                          really meant for you" - OLP

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:57:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> Can I get my hands on a source tree?

RSN on a FTP Server near you.  Maybe even linux.sgi.com ...

  Ralf