Subject: Re: hardware independent hinv

From: [email-masked] (Dave Olson)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 19:26:37 -0700

The info definitely isn't in /proc on irix.

Doesn't dmesg have the problem on linux that it has on Sun systems; that is,
it only works until enough kernel printfs have happened that the circular
buffer wraps?

Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics   Guru and busybody at large
http://reality.sgi.com/olson   [email-masked]

---

From: Raj Mathur <raju@bhairavi>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:26:05 +0530

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Olson <[email-masked]> writes:

    Dave> The info definitely isn't in /proc on irix.  Doesn't dmesg
    Dave> have the problem on linux that it has on Sun systems; that
    Dave> is, it only works until enough kernel printfs have happened
    Dave> that the circular buffer wraps?

Yes, just define a printer, (don't need to actually connect one) and
lpr a file. End Of Dmesg(tm) usable output: all you'll get now is "lp:
out of paper" messages.

-- Raju
--
       Raj Mathur / Web Technical Support / Silicon Graphics / New Delhi
         +91-11-6216324/25, 6211354/55   /    [email-masked]  / 7228
            http://reality.sgi.com/raju / It is the Mind that Moves
           PGP: F2 D4 4A 21 27 B0 63 FF | Not necessarily speaking
                15 97 9D AE 9D 40 BC B8 | for Silicon Graphics