Subject: gmake?

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:04:46 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone got a GNU make binary floating around?

I've been unable to find one on /private/dm, /ariel/freeware or
billh's anon ftp list.

If no-one else has one, I'll build it and stick it somewhere visible.

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>      Chief System Architect -- will tame sendmail(8) for food       
#>                                                                     
#> "You are a very perverse individual, and I think I'd like to get to 
#>  know you better." --- [email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:36:53 +0200 (MET DST)

> If no-one else has one, I'll build it and stick it somewhere visible.

GNU make builds out of the box for IRIX 6.2.  I don't have my Indy here,
but I can make the binaries available if anyone needs them.  Just tell
me.

Looks you're just about to try to compile the kernel or libc :-)

  Ralf

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:44:50 -0400 (EDT)

> but I can make the binaries available if anyone needs them.  Just tell

The lovely Martin K just sent me a gmake 3.75 binary, and it works
like a charm.

> Looks you're just about to try to compile the kernel or libc :-)

glibc, yup.
(Still don't have the 2.1.{3[789],4[01]} source tree, hint, hint. =) )

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>           Resident Linux bigot and kernel hacker. (OOPS!)           
#> `If you get bitten by a bug, tough luck...the one thing I won't do  
#> is feel sorry for you.  In fact, I might ask you to do it all over  
#> again, just to get more information.  I'm a heartless bastard.'     
#>                       -- Linus Torvalds (on development kernels)

---

From: Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 16:49:03 +0200

Ralf Baechle wrote:
> GNU make builds out of the box for IRIX 6.2.  I don't have my
> Indy here, but I can make the binaries available if anyone needs
> them.  Just tell me.
> 

 We already solved the issue :-) Dave has my copy of 3.75.

Martin
-- 
Check out the DevForum 97  !!!! (http://www.sgi.com/Forum97/)
  If you miss it, you'll never forgive yourself. Neither will I :-)
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|---------------------------------| Phone: (+int) 89 46108-179 or -0  |
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|e-mail: <[email-masked]>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

>  We already solved the issue :-) Dave has my copy of 3.75.

Psst!
I'm Mike!

Dave is one of the people who know what they're doing. =)

Mike
(flattered, though...)

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#> Paranoid for money.                            Sarcastic for kicks. 
#>                                                                     
#> "They already *KNOW* I am a whacko, Karen.                          
#>                  That doesn't mean I am *WRONG*." -- [email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:04:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> (Still don't have the 2.1.{3[789],4[01]} source tree, hint, hint. =) )

Uhh, ahh...  I think I can upload it on Friday.  .41? *grmpf* ...
One to go ...

  Ralf

---

From: Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 18:02:44 +0200

> Dave is one of the people who know what they're doing. =)

  Sorry for having created positive feelings. My deepest
apologize. And of course, most of the Daves I know, know
what they are doing. Seems to be bound to the name.

Martin