Subject: Re: Almost there...

From: [email-masked] (Larry McVoy)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 20:29:38 -0700

:    Thus spake David S. Miller:
:    >    (Miguel?  You get your box yet?)
:    > 
:    > Nope he didn't, import laws in Mexico got the machine before he did...
: 
:    Is that a permanent failure, or just Yet Another Bureaucratic
:    Delay(tm)?
: 
: Permanent.

Ariel found a diplomat that is going to schlep it through.  We don't
give up that easy.  And Ralf is getting an Indy as soon as he gets back.
And David & Inglo are getting shitloads of hardware as soon as they
work here.

--lm

---

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 23:34:30 -0400

From: [email-masked] (Larry McVoy)
   Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 20:29:38 -0700

   : Permanent.

*Clap clap clap*, I expected nothing less 8-)

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 01:13:20 -0400 (EDT)

> And David & Inglo are getting shitloads of hardware as soon as they

Excellent!
I'm going to try and con another loaner out of the guys up here (hi,
Kev! =) ) when they actually reclaim mine.

Currently, I'm trying to get my laptop to talk to the network under
Linux (can't see the docking station's ethernet) so I can get the
xcompiler on here.  Right now, I'm working off of a DX4/100, and it's
kinda slow going.  I've been putting off a full rebuild of glibc for
the Indy until I get a faster setup.  (I was tempted to set up the
Irix-hosted stuff, but I don't have the machine for long enough to
warrant the effort.)

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to build the nettools and apache with the
xcompiler.  I fear I'm at the edge of my abilities with the current
kernel stuff, although I may try and track down some of the undefined
symbols if I get some time.

(David?  Inglo?)

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>                                                                     
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds

---

From: Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:32:31 +0200

Larry McVoy wrote:
> :    > Nope he didn't, import laws in Mexico got the machin
> :    > before he did...
> :
> Ariel found a diplomat that is going to schlep it through.  We
> don't give up that easy.  And Ralf is getting an Indy as soon
> as he gets back. And David & Inglo are getting shitloads of

  Lets be careful. I have to ship the box from Bavaria to Germany.
This might need a diplomat to.

Martin
-- 
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|---------------------------------| Phone: (+int) 89 46108-179 or -0  |
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|e-mail: <[email-masked]>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: "Greg Chesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:33:25 -0700

restores my faith in the power of the human spirit (over the dark side).

g