Subject: ld error with 2.0.12-davem

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:56:55 -0400 (EDT)

Using Ralf's gcc and binutils, and davem's cvs'd linux-2.0.12, I get:
mips-linux-ld -static -N -e kernel_entry -mips2 -Ttext 0x88069000 \
  arch/mips/kernel/head.o init/main.o init/version.o \
  arch/mips/lib/lib.a /export/sgi-linux/kernel/mips-linux/lib/lib.a \
  arch/mips/lib/lib.a -o vmlinux
mips-linux-ld: vmlinux: Not enough room for program headers \
  (allocated 3, need 4)
mips-linux-ld: final link failed: Bad value
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I've patched the Makefiles to use mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux,
but that's about it.

Anyone know enough about gnu ld to help me with this?

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>                 Ignore the man behind the curtain.                  
#>                                                                     
#> "And then I realized that it never should have worked in the first  
#>  place.  Thus, it would not work again until rewritten." --- Anon.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 19:31:13 +0200 (MET DST)

> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

This is typically caused by an inapropriate mixture of flags to ld,
especially -Ttext and a linker script.  In your case no linker script
has been specified using a -T option, so the buildtin script is being
used.  Just check the right script in <prefix>/mips-linux/lib/ldscripts/.

  Ralf