Subject: C Compiler on my Indy.

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:09:19 -0500

Hello guys,

   I am trying to populate my machine with GNU programs, and I quickly
found that I did not have a C compiler.  

   Anyone have a pointer to where can I get the SGI C compiler, or a
pre-compiled gcc binary for irix-6.2?

   I am getting Ralf cross-compilers (irix->linux) to start work on
the libc.

Cheers,
Miguel.

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:59:23 -0400 (EDT)

> pre-compiled gcc binary for irix-6.2?

Yup.  Ariel packaged gcc 2.7.3 a few weeks ago.  It and other Irix
programs are on http://www.sgi.com/TasteOfDT/public/freeware2.0/ or
similiar.

>    I am getting Ralf cross-compilers (irix->linux) to start work on

The cross compilers that Mike Shaver has on his i86 Linux box seems to
work pretty much perfectly.  However, I can't for the life of me get a
native compiler for mips-linux.  If anyone has any pointers... 

- Alex

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:16:14 +0200 (MET DST)

> native compiler for mips-linux.  If anyone has any pointers... 

What is the problem building one?

  Ralf