Subject: (fwd) Linux on N64 - can you help

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:32:30 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone help this guy?  anyone from project reality?
Forwarding to Linux and to Kevin (who may know where to
get technical docs on this) I'll also suggest to the guy
to join our list and listen for a while.

----- Forwarded message from Allan Schaffer -----

>From [email-masked]  Thu Jun 19 15:02:54 1997
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:02:41 -0700
From: [email-masked] (Allan Schaffer)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Z-Mail-SGI (3.2S.3 08feb96 MediaMail)
To: ariel@cthulhu
Subject: (Fwd) Can your Redirect this?
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi Ariel,

I heard you're working on "linux stuff" these days, so thought
you might be interested in this.  At least, as a kindred spirit...

Allan

--- Forwarded mail from Todd Shrider <[email-masked]>

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 16:07:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Todd Shrider <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Can your Redirect this? 

Hello,

If I'm not sending this to the proper channel, could you please help me
re-direct it? Thanks!

 I'm currently a student at Indiana University and a big time Linux
enthusiast. I'm involved in a couple of Linux projects that relate
directly to SGI. The first is a creation of my own. I am working at taking
a Nintendo 64, adapting a mass storage device and a keyboard to it, and
porting the Linux Operating System to it. Although the 64 is a game
machine, it is a terrific platform, that has many upgrade options such as
memory, external devices, connectability (i.e. network/modem), etc. It
also has some very powerful graphics capabilities. For these reasons alone
I feel it could make an excellent, low cost, "computer" and would be a
very competitive platform in the network computer/java station market. 

 Another project which I am just getting involved with is the porting of
the Linux OS to platforms such as the Indy and O2. Linux is a wonderful OS
and would add a great deal of value to these excellent workstations. In
all honesty I figure the more platforms that Linux runs on the more
successful it will be, and the more stable it will become (you can never
rewrite a piece of code too much.

 At any point I am looking for some support. As a student (at Indiana
University) I really have no budget. There is also alot of technicle
questions I have that no one seems to be able to answer. Could you help by
either letting me know who I should get in touch with, or by forwarding
this message to someone who might be able to help. 

 I greatly appreciate your help. Thank you so much!    

---
Todd M. Shrider	       	        Oops, My brain just hit a bad sector!
[email-masked]	        Indiana Universrity, Adaptive Systems Lab
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~tshrider

---End of forwarded mail from Todd Shrider <[email-masked]>

-- 
Allan Schaffer                                                [email-masked]
Silicon Graphics                               http://reality.sgi.com/allan

----- End of forwarded message from Allan Schaffer -----

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Mike McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:41:42 -0700

>From: ariel@oz (Ariel Faigon)
>Subject: (fwd) Linux on N64 - can you help
>To: linux@cthulhu
>Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:32:30 -0700 (PDT)
>

  I was under the impression that the N64 was Nintendo's proprietary
technology, which would require him to get the info from Nintendo.
(Good luck on that!) Remember, just because we developed it, doesn't
mean we own it.

  Mike McDonald
  [email-masked]