Subject: bogomips is cool

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 20:39:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

For those who didn't get it yet (are there any?)

bogomips.ingenia.com  is an Indy R5000 that not only runs
Linux, it is even running a web server.

	http://bogomips.ingenia.com/

It is pretty fast considering it is in Ottawa and it is not
yet using its local disk (is this right Mike?)...

Great job folks!
-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 23:44:49 -0400 (EDT)

> yet using its local disk (is this right Mike?)...

Yeah, it's all running NFS'd off of neon.
That may change over the next few days.  I suspect my disk problems
might have had something to do with the fact that I was using the
IRIX-hosted ext2fs tools.

I'll try to build some natively-hosted ext2 widgets tomorrow (perhaps
even ext2extend =) ) and see if it gets better.

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>              Commando Developer - Whatever It Takes
#>                                                                     
#> "See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like
#>    Linux, you have to be a sneaky bastard too." - Linus Torvalds

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:06:54 -0500

> even ext2extend =) ) and see if it gets better.

Wee!!! ext2extend, I just noticed this :-)

Miguel.