Subject: newport misc questions

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:12:50 -0500

Hello guys,

   Since an X server that uses the block-fill command for drawing
patterns is not the fastest thing you could be a witness of, I came up
with a new set of questions for all of you:

  1. How can I use the newport stipple mode registers and the 32-bit
     stipple pattern register to draw thingies in the screen?

  2. If you have any documentation on what the operations for the
     drawmode0 register are, I would appreciate a copy of it
     (actually, I would appreciate the whole doc :-)

  3. How can I load the color pallete on the newport?  I have the
     feeling that the newport supports an 8-bit+pallete mode and a
     24-bit true-color mode, which leds to the next question.

  4. How can I command the newport to draw on the 8 bit plane or to
     draw on the 24-bit plane?  That is, assuming I haven't been
     smoking chemicals and that there really are 8 and 24 bit planes.

Cheers,
Miguel.