Subject: Intel tools suspect, film at 11

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 00:20:19 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I can build a (working) kernel with the IRIX-hosted tools, and
not the Intel-hosted ones, so I'm beginning to suspect that it's not
_just_ my incompetence at work.

There are some config bugs (need ISO9660 and NFSD, don't compile in
REMOTE_DEBUG) that I'll commit fixes for once I get the IRIX stuff
talking cvs and ssh.

I'm going to try building native-gcc with the IRIX stuff, since it
kinda-almost worked off Intel in such a way that makes me want to
blame it on the tools. =)

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist        
#>                                                                     
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable     
#>          these days." --- [email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:49:21 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> _just_ my incompetence at work.

Sorry, but the tools work 100% for Intel.  I've been using them for
one or two eternities on Intel.

  Ralf

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

> one or two eternities on Intel.

That doesn't reflect too well on me then, does it? =)

Seriously though, I'm at a loss.
I can build a kernel with the IRIX tools, and I can't with the Intel
ones.

I'll blow everything away and reinstall, I guess.

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>                   Welcome to the technocracy.
#>                                                                     
#> "you'd be so disappointed
#>              to find out that the magic was not
#>                          really meant for you" - OLP