Subject: Re: Name the external domain

From: Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 08:43:25 +0200

Mike Shaver wrote:
> 
> Thus spake Ariel Faigon:
> >       [linux.] at.sgi.com
> 
> I don't like this one very much, if only because it's hard to explain
> verbally.  ('at' vs. '@', etc.)
> 
> .unchained.sgi.com isn't bad, although I understand that we might be
> able to get some funding from Marketing if we used .cosmo.sgi.com. =)
> 

 Unlikely, unless you mean the compression guys :-( The Cosmo
types have already been assimilated by the dark force.

 What is wrong with calling the external domain "linux.sgi.com"
and then find a cool host name (like "penguin")?

Martin
-- 
Check out the DevForum 97  !!!! (http://www.sgi.com/Forum97/)
  If you miss it, you'll never forgive yourself. Neither will I :-)
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|---------------------------------| Phone: (+int) 89 46108-179 or -0  |
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
+---------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|e-mail: <[email-masked]>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Raj Mathur <raju@bhairavi>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:49:13 +0530

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Knoblauch <[email-masked]> writes:

    Martin> [snip]

    Martin>  What is wrong with calling the external domain
    Martin> "linux.sgi.com" and then find a cool host name (like
    Martin> "penguin")?

Even better, call the domain "penguin.sgi.com" and then have machines
like "linux.penguin.sgi.com" ... Friendly enough for me :)

-- Raju
--
       Raj Mathur / Web Technical Support / Silicon Graphics / New Delhi
         +91-11-6216324/25, 6211354/55   /    [email-masked]  / 7228
            http://reality.sgi.com/raju / It is the Mind that Moves
           PGP: F2 D4 4A 21 27 B0 63 FF | Not necessarily speaking
                15 97 9D AE 9D 40 BC B8 | for Silicon Graphics