Subject: Wellcome, Alan

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'd like to wellcome (note the spelling) Alan Cox to the linux
mailing list.  To those who don't know Alan, he is almost as
famous as Linus himself in the Linux community :-)

Alan played the leading role in major Linux areas including
The Linux TCP/IP implementation and Linux/SMP as well as being
involved on the Linux International Technical board and helping
Linux happen and succeed.

Alan lives in Wales, The United Kingdom and he is interested
in contributing to the SGI/Linux efffort.  I have put Alan
on the first-comes and qualifies first-serverd waiting list
for hardware.  Right now, Alan in #4 on the list with machine
#1 expected to be shipped this Friday. [our main bottleneck
is lack of dual disk config Indys]

To Alan: the [email-masked] list has about 50 subscribers
mostly SGI employees (and a few managers :-) who either like
Linux so much or have some other interest in seeing it running
on SGI hardware.  It also includes all our core developers
which you probably know.

-- 
Peace, Ariel

----- Forwarded message from Majordomo@cthulhu -----

>From Majordomo-Owner@cthulhu  Wed Jul 16 14:13:16 1997
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 14:13:06 -0700
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: linux-approval@cthulhu
From: Majordomo@cthulhu
Subject: SUBSCRIBE linux [email-masked]
Reply-To: Majordomo@cthulhu

--

[email-masked] has been added to linux.
No action is required on your part.

----- End of forwarded message from Majordomo@cthulhu -----

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 00:19:55 +0100 (BST)

> famous as Linus himself in the Linux community :-)

Umm.. not convinced

Anyway my target is basically to make Red Hat occur on an SGI, including
hacking up the RH installer as needed to make it do the right thing.

Alan

---

From: Eric Kimminau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 01:07:03 -0400

Wellcome Alan!

-- 
Eric Kimminau                             System Engineer
[email-masked]                       Silicon Graphics, Inc
Vox:(810) 848-4455                        39001 West 12mile Road
Fax:(810)848-5600                         Farmington, MI 48331-2903
            "I speak my mind and no one else's."
    http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
http://bs.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=Eric+A.+Kimminau&fingerprint=on