Subject: SGI docs

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

[Since this is being asked frequently:]

All SGI public books and documents (end user, sysadmin,
and developer) are online at:

	http://www.sgi.com/techpubs/
	(should RSN be obsoleted by http://techpubs.sgi.com)

You may download as postscript and print locally or
search/view the HTML files online.

For example:
	1) The MIPS assembly programmer's guide

	[got there after a short search]
	http://www.sgi.com/techpubs/lib/makepage.cgi?007-2418-001

	2) The bootp/PROM documentation which is part of the
	   IRIX admin guide:

	[got there by some clicking]
	http://www.sgi.com/techpubs/dynaweb_bin/0640/bin/nph-dynaweb.cgi/dynaweb/SGI_Admin/IA_ConfigOps/@Generic__BookTextView/9538

Also:	IRIX man pages (may be a bit old but mostly good) can be
	browsed and searched online with a really friendly interface at:

		http://reality.sgi.com/cgi-bin/uman/

This should go into a FAQ and put on linus.  Volunteers ?

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:13:58 -0500

I have placed a pending project and status information page on
www.linux.sgi.com, please feel free to add further entries to the
list. 

Cheers,
Miguel.