Subject: strace

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:28:43 -0400 (EDT)

Anyone know what state the strace stuff in the CVS tree is in?

I'm seeing some weird behaviour with rpm right now (can't find
user/group) and I'd like to see what it's actually doing.

(Also, remind me to work on fdisk when I get back[*] -- I don't like
fx very much.)

[*] in Sunnyvale Sunday-Wednesday, Mountain View Thursday until 2200.

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist        
#>                                                                     
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable     
#>          these days." --- [email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:12:55 +0200 (MET DST)

> Anyone know what state the strace stuff in the CVS tree is in?

The strace is the strace as left by David Miller plus some modifications
by Miguel.  Those add some IRIX bits he needs to reverse engineer what
the X server is doing.

> (Also, remind me to work on fdisk when I get back[*] -- I don't like

Set up an at(1) job ;-)

  Ralf

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 21:22:35 -0500

> Anyone know what state the strace stuff in the CVS tree is in?

It compiles and works just fine on IRIX.

> (Also, remind me to work on fdisk when I get back[*] -- I don't like

Actually -as I mentioned in a previous mail- we should probably add
some of fx's features into fdisk.  

The Red Hat people are working on a newt-bassed fdisk as of now.

Miguel.