Subject: Pending fixes

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:30:46 -0500

Hello guys,

    Here is a smallish list of tasks that should be done, for those
that want to start coding some bits:

	- Find and fix this bug:  

cat > argv-bad.c << EOF
main (int argc, char *argv []){ printf ("%s\n", argv [0]); }
EOF
gcc argv-bad.c -o argv-bad
./argv-bad

	- NFS is crashing after heavy usage.  This is not the same 
	  problem that the 2.1 tree has on the intel.  Every time it
	  crashes on me it fails around the end of do_bottom_half.

	- Fix the ethernet driver, it is timing out too frequently.

	- Look up the semaphore IRIX api from the developers toolbox
	  in www.sgi.com, figure out how these C functions use the
	  /dev/usema and /dev/usemaclone devices.  

	- If you feel like it, implement those devices ;-)

   I personally installed lots of Ralf's RPMS on my Indy and compiled
some more programs to prepare for debugging the Xsgi IRIX server, with
the exception of the semaphore devices, the mouse and the newport
context switch code, everything else is ready now.  I will work on
getting gdb up next, since I refuse to debug this beast with
printf/printk :-).

Miguel.

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

> 	- If you feel like it, implement those devices ;-)

I'm working on these, and will update the projects page appropriately.

(Once they get my ClubDev account straightened out, it'll go a little
faster, but I need to brush up on my driver writing anyway.)

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>                 UNIX medicine man -- dark magick, cheap!            
#>                                                                     
#>  When the going gets tough, the tough give cryptic error messages.  
#>          "We believe in rough consensus and running code."

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:27:59 +0100 (BST)

> 	  crashes on me it fails around the end of do_bottom_half.

How big are your kernel stacks ?