Subject: Bottom half bug

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:06:54 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

seems Miguel's recently reported problem as well as the feature that
<CTRL>-S locks the machine sometimes for some seconds, sometimes
finally seem to be hidden somewhere in the bottom half handlers.

  Ralf

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:59:07 -0500

Hello Ralf, list,

  Well, the major problem with getting gdb up was that init is for
some reason setting the blocked signal mask to 0x39 (this includes
sighup, sigtrap and a couple of others).  

  I will debug this next, right now I have this gross hack on gdb to
reset the signal mask to zero.  Any ideas of why would init be doing this?

Cheers,
Miguel.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)

> reset the signal mask to zero.  Any ideas of why would init be doing this?

Well, I'll look at this when I get off the plane or so ...

I finally tracked the problem with <CTRL>-s locking up the machine down.
It's a missing restore_flags() in the newport driver that makes the
keyboard driver bottom half go bobo.  Also we were missing irq_enter/
irq_leave in the Indy interrupt handler.  The patch, well, it's in my
suit case.  Have fun with your crashing boxes :-)

California, I'm comin',

  Ralf

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:26:43 -0500

> suit case.  Have fun with your crashing boxes :-)

Thanks for the pointers.  They are fixed in my tree now :-).

Cheers,
Miguel.