Subject: IRIX ELF docs

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:36:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

our current linker is producing IRIX flavored ELF binaries, not MIPS
ABI.  We still seem to have some bugs in the dynamic linker and these
are now pretty close to the top on my to do list.  However I've got
not documentation about the IRIX binary format, so I'm pretty much
relying on reverse engineering for fixing them.  Does anybody have
a pointer to documentation or documentation about IRIX ELF flavoured
o32 bit object file format?

  Ralf

---

From: "William J. Earl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:42:37 -0700

> o32 bit object file format?

      IRIX ELF O32 (dynamic) object files are MIPS ABI object files.
There are optional extra sections, to support features such as "quickstart"
(which allows RLD to skip some of the fixups at startup time), but the
required parts are as defined by the MIPS ABI.