Subject: Linux/SGI: IRIX X server -- more status.

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:43:18 -0500

Hello guys,

    Thanks to Robert Tray for helping me finding the proper protocol
that has to be used with the xmap9 and 24 hours of rest, the X server
is now displaying correctly on my machine.  

    The reason the ioctl NG1_SETDISPLAYMODE was hanging my machine was
pretty easy: on the xmap9 documentation it says that the number of
entries available on the xmap9 fifo is a 3 bit number, but later on
the document, it explains that this number is actually mapped like
this:

	000	- no entries available
	001	- one entry available
	011	- two entries available
	010	- three entries available.
	
    Next time I will be more careful reading that.

    Now, I am off to test xterm and merge my code with the cvs
repository at linux.sgi.com.

Cheers,
Miguel.