Subject: SGI/Linux mirrors

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:14:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

More interest in SGI/Linux around the world.
I was contacted by admins in three sites (Korea, Poland,
and the Czech republic) who started mirroring our stuff.

Links to these sites are on our external Linux site:
	http://www.linux.sgi.com/

in the "software" section.

P.S:
Anyone has a stable precompiled Kernel we can put on linus ?
It seems that someone deleted the old kernel that was there
and now people cannot try the stuff.

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:01:29 -0400 (EDT)

> and now people cannot try the stuff.

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/vmlinux-970916-efs.gz
is what I was using for a while before I left.  It doesn't have
Miguel's fancy graphics stuff, and I'm not putting any bets on the EFS
code, but the core stuff should work.

Mike

-- 
#> Mike Shaver ([email-masked]) Ingenia Communications Corporation 
#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist        
#>                                                                     
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable     
#>          these days." --- [email-masked]

---

From: Martin Kasper Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 1997 10:35:18 +0200

>>>>> "Ariel" == Ariel Faigon <[email-masked]> writes:

Ariel> Hi, More interest in SGI/Linux around the world.  I was
Ariel> contacted by admins in three sites (Korea, Poland, and the
Ariel> Czech republic) who started mirroring our stuff.

As promised we will set up a mirror on SunSITE.auc.dk. Our new 7x9GB
RAID arrived yesterday, and as soon as we've got it up and running
I'll get back to you.

/Martin

-- 
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:[email-masked]		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/