Subject: quick status on linux/sgi

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:02:04 -0500

Hello guys,

   Things are looking pretty nice.  The kernel that is on the CVS
repository as of now, is pretty stable.  I have used that to compile
my libc natively for the first time as well as compiling the X tree
without the X server (because, well, we don't have a X server yet, I
have some bits written, but I did not merge them into this specific tree). 

   There are a number of bugs on the dynamic linker that Ralf and I
are investigating now.  Happilly we have come up with very simple test
cases that we can reproduce, so it should take little to fix this
(one of the problems prevent Xt applications from running) and the
other bug is related to PAM.

   I have had 5 days uptimes on a loaded machine (compiling lots of
code, as well as testing the direct graphic drivers) without having
seen a single system crash so far.  I had to reboot the machine to
test a new kernel. 

   Anyways, it looks pretty good.  We now just need to port Red Hat's
Mustang distribution to the SGI.  What is the status of this port?

cheers,
Miguel.