Subject: Indy Auto power

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:02:38 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone know what chip provides the power features for:"wakeupat" and
"shutdown -p"? The kernel doesn't yet seem to support these
features................

Robbie Stone

---

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Does anyone know what chip provides the power features for:"wakeupat" and
:"shutdown -p"? The kernel doesn't yet seem to support these
:features................
:
:Robbie Stone
:
Robbie,

The current SGI/Linux kenel doesn't support many more features
of the Indy hardware (e.g. sound, video).

We got management permission to give the unpublished internal Indy
hardware specs to a limited number of developers.  I think there
are four or five copies out there and that the needed information
is there too.  It can also be done by tracing reverse-engineering etc.

Of course, we'll be glad to see it supported and specific questions
would be gladly answered provided someone on the list knows the answer.

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:46:48 -0500

> of the Indy hardware (e.g. sound, video).

I will get to the sound soon, since I got this nice collection of mp3
files, and the only machine with audio capabilities that I have access
is the Indy and it has been days since I last booted IRIX on the
Indy.  

Cheers,
Miguel.