Subject: Indy interrupt latencies & performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 08:08:35 +0100

Hi,

five minutes starring at the wd33c93 driver solved the problem.  When
applying Linus' patches a superfluous disable_irq() was left over in
wd33c93.c:wd33c93_queuecommand().  Removing the line makes the box feel
like a computer again.  This should also explain the ultralong times
measured by Mark during which interrupt were disabled.  Patch appended below.

  Ralf

--- drivers/scsi/wd33c93.c.orig	Sun Nov 30 07:12:08 1997
+++ drivers/scsi/wd33c93.c	Sun Nov 30 07:53:27 1997
@@ -292,7 +292,6 @@
 	Scsi_Cmnd *tmp;
 	unsigned long flags;
 
-	disable_irq(cmd->host->irq);
 	DB(DB_QCMD,printk("Q-%d-%02x-%ld( ",cmd->target,cmd->cmnd[0],cmd->pid));
 
 	/* Set up a few fields in the Scsi_Cmnd structure for our own use: