Subject: Announce: New development tools uploaded

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 02:12:09 +0100

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi all,

I've uploaded new patches for the development tools to ftp.linux.sgi.com
and ftp.fnet.fr.

  - binutils-2.8.1-1
    This is the first Linux/MIPS version of the tools based on binutils
    2.8.1.  The upgrade is mandatory if you want to be able to correctly
    build shared libraries.  The old binutils 2.7 based linker had the
    bug that it would link the entire static libc into a shared library
    image when the library was linked against libc (-lc) resulting in a
    unuseable, huge shared library image and a large number of warnings.
  - gcc-2.7.2-7.diff.gz
    This release fixes a minor bug in the specs file.  Older GCC versions
    were linking useless object files into all shared libraries resulting
    in slightly larger object files.

  Ralf

f55e50c1583a9551004fb28efbc71f82  binutils-2.8.1-1.diff.gz
e70231058065d5be40e668b5cb601bb6  gcc-2.7.2-7.diff.gz