Subject: Please tell me about How to start Linux/MIPS on Magnum4000.

From: Tatsuya Nakamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:54:27 +0900 (JST)

Hello.

I'm interested in Linux/MIPS.
and I want to use Linux/MIPS.

I got the MIPS Magnum 4000 SC-50 a few weeks ago.
Now I try to start of Linux/MIPS on my Magnum, but couldn't it.

Please help me.

First, I got the milo-0.27.tar.gz, linux-2_1_36_tar.gz, 
from ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/src.

And got the cross development tools binutils-2_7-4_tar.gz,
gcc-2_7_2-5_tar.gz, float_h.gz, 
from ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/crossdev/mips-sgi-irix6.2/mipsel-linux.
(Now I use Indy with IRIX 6.2)

Install the cross development tools, make the vmlinux(zImage),
and copy the "milo" and "pandora"(binary in the milo-0.27.tar.gz)
and "zImage" to floppy.

When I started the milo(type a:\milo in "Run a Program"),
appear this message:

Linux/MIPS ARC Bootstrap Loader 0.27
Copyright (C) Waldorf Electronics and others 1994, 1995, 1996

Launching Kernel...

and system was stop.

Please tell me the next step.

with best Regards.

+-------------------------------------------+
| KGT Inc,. Nagoya Service Center           |
| Tatsuya Nakamura  [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+