Subject: Seeq Ethernet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:09:23 +0100

Hi,

_the_ current problem for Linux/Indy is the Ethernet driver.  Time to fix
it.  Can anybody point me to docs for that chip?  I only have one half of
the required docs, the HPC docs.

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:27:14 -0800 (PST)

:
:_the_ current problem for Linux/Indy is the Ethernet driver.  Time to fix
:it.  Can anybody point me to docs for that chip?  I only have one half of
:the required docs, the HPC docs.
:
:  Ralf
:
Ralf,

I tried to search internally for relevant bits and found this:

	http://www.sgi.com/Support/QNA/FAQ.book_1339.html
	http://www.sgi.com/Support/QNA/FAQ.book_1315.html
	http://www.sgi.com/Support/SCR/incidents/376000/376872.html

I cannot see a spec but the Seeq Tech home page seems to have
all the datasheets (in PDF format only) online:

	http://www.seeq.com/

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 12:38:52 -0600

> the required docs, the HPC docs.

The HPC docs come with a pretty good description of the Seeq, it is
just kind of hidden in there.

Miguel.

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:54:20 -0500 (EST)

> the required docs, the HPC docs.

FWIW, the ethernet problems I reported are from an old kernel.  They may
have been patched.

What problems are you seeing?

- A

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 20:08:02 +0100

> What problems are you seeing?

Exactly what you have reported.  Wiered enough those problems recently
started to trouble me.  In older kernel I didn't see them and the
driver didn't change.  We'll see ...

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 19:19:32 +0000 (GMT)

> the required docs, the HPC docs.

Talk to Russel King. He has a solid working SEQ800x driver from the ARM port that
knows most of the SEEQ chip bugs. You may want to merge drivers as well

	http://www.arm.uk.linux.org