Subject: vmalloc hacks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:01:47 +0100

Hi Miguel,

building the CVS tree for the Indy breaks with

mips/kernel/head.o arch/mips/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o \
        arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o arch/mips/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o \
        fs/filesystems.a \
        net/network.a \
        drivers/block/block.a drivers/char/char.a drivers/misc/misc.a drivers/net/net.a drivers/scsi/scsi.a drivers/cdrom/cdrom.a drivers/sgi/sgi.a \
        arch/mips/lib/lib.a /disk2/sgi/lib/lib.a arch/mips/sgi/kernel/sgikern.a arch/mips/sgi/prom/promlib.a arch/mips/lib/lib.a \
        -o vmlinux
kernel/kernel.o: In function `wake_up_process':
sched.c(__ksymtab+0x80): undefined reference to `vmalloc'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

So you'll have to make vmalloc a real function again or you'll break the
binary compatibility with modules.  Ok, not very much an issue.

  Ralf

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:15:24 -0600

Hello Ralf,

> binary compatibility with modules.  Ok, not very much an issue.

Probably sched.c just needs to include vmalloc.h, that should get rid
of this problem.

Miguel.