Subject: problems with crossdev env .. (fwd)

From: Shrijeet Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 18:46:14 -0800 (PST)

Ralf,

I tried to follow the instructions on the linux.sgi.com page .. first off,
the binutils and gcc tarballs did not have the configure scripts in them ,
so that part of the instructions were not possible to follow ..

in trying to make the linux kernel, I ran into the following problems ..
could you please take a look, and suggest what the problems maybe 

find attached 2 attachments ..

1-> is the result of trying to do a gmake
2-> the hinv of the machine ..

please suggest what needs to be done ..

Thanx

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrijeet Mukherjee,    			Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
					Advanced Graphics Division 
                     			Silicon Graphics Computer Systems

http://reality.sgi.com/shm_engr     	phone: 650-933-5312
email: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a loser, just successfully challenged     -- shm
ffy1/usr/gnu/bin/bash
bash-2.00# exit
saffy1id
uid=0(root) gid=0(sys)
saffy1exit
Script done, file is typescript
saffy1exit
Script done, file is typescript
root # pwd
/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21
root # script
Script started, file is typescript
saffy1/usr/gnu/bin/bash
bash-2.00# pwd
/usr/linux/usr/src/linux
bash-2.00# ls
COPYING        Makefile       drivers        ipc            modules
CREDITS        README         fs             kernel         net
Documentation  Rules.make     include        lib            scripts
MAINTAINERS    arch           init           mm             typescript
bash-2.00# exit
saffy1exit
Script done, file is typescript
root # /usr/gnu/bin/bash
bash-2.00# export PATH=$PATH:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/linux/usr/local/bin
bash-2.00# ;s
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;s'
bash-2.00# ls
COPYING        Makefile       drivers        ipc            modules
CREDITS        README         fs             kernel         net
Documentation  Rules.make     include        lib            scripts
MAINTAINERS    arch           init           mm             typescript
bash-2.00# gmake CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/gnu/bin/bash
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
mips-linuxgcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/linux/usr/src/linux/include -E -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4400 -mips3  -M *.[cS] > .depend
/bin/sh: mips-linuxgcc:  not found
gmake[1]: *** [dep] Error 127
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
gmake: *** [archdep] Error 2
bash-2.00# gmake dep CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/gnu/bin/bash
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
mips-linuxgcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/linux/usr/src/linux/include -E -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4400 -mips3  -M *.[cS] > .depend
/bin/sh: mips-linuxgcc:  not found
gmake[1]: *** [dep] Error 127
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
gmake: *** [archdep] Error 2
bash-2.00# gmake LANGUAGE=c CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/gnu/bin/
bash
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
mips-linuxgcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/linux/usr/src/linux/include -E -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4400 -mips3  -M *.[cS] > .depend
/bin/sh: mips-linuxgcc:  not found
gmake[1]: *** [dep] Error 127
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/linux/usr/src/linux-2.0.21/arch/mips/boot'
gmake: *** [archdep] Error 2
bash-2.00# exit
root # logout
Connection closed.

CPU: MIPS R4000 Processor Chip Revision: 3.0
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
1 100 MHZ IP20 Processor
Main memory size: 48 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 8 Kbytes
Data cache size: 8 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision C
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: GR2-XS24 with Z-buffer
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: revision 10

---

From: "Douglas F. Elznic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 23:25:37 -0500 (EST)

A long time ago we talked about the N64 and related things. I posted a
link that had a lot of info I need now for other things. I can no longer
find this lnk are there any archives of this list?

--
Douglas F. Elznic
[email-masked]
"If they give you lined paper, write the other way."
Freedom through Electronic Resistance