Subject: Console problems...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:49:28 -0500 (EST)

Okay. I have a self-compiled kernel (like the vmlinux 2.1.72 kernel that
is on linus), and it actually boots fine for me.  The problem is that it
doesn't display the bootup.  The console output starts at the "INIT..."
line.

Any ideas?

- A

-- 
      Alex deVries          Run Linux on everything,
  System Administrator      run everything on Linux.
   The EngSoc Project       Send spam to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:32:50 +0100

> doesn't display the bootup.  The console output starts at the "INIT..."

Sounds like configured for serial console?

  Ralf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:48:24 -0500 (EST)

> Sounds like configured for serial console?

Yeah, that is the problem.  The reason I had to turn serial console on in
the first place was because of symbols being required in console.c. There
were a couple of other unpleasant dependancies there that I've fixed.
I'll upload those changes to the CVS soon.

I'm also working on fixing root device support.

Are there any plans to bring us up to 2.1.81?  I might think of taking
that on if nobody else is going to.

- Alex