Subject: More on modules...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:45:24 -0500 (EST)

The modutils in the CVS appears to work; I'll get an RPM out tonight for
others.

But, I use the term 'work' with a grain of salt; the modules appear to
load, but I get errors like:
Illegal instruction at c000c0d0 ra=88034ed4
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c0008113, epc ==
c000c0d8, ra == 88034ed4
Killed

- A

-- 
      Alex deVries          Run Linux on everything,
  System Administrator      run everything on Linux.
   The EngSoc Project       Send spam to [email-masked].

---

From: "William J. Earl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:51:40 -0800

> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c0008113, epc ==
...

      I wonder if the kernel is properly synchronzing the I-cache with
the D-cache after loading the module.  In general, you need to
writeback the primary D-cache and invalidate the primary I-cache for
the range of addresses occupied by the driver (or simply
index-writeback-invalidate all of the D-cache and index-invalidate all
of the I-cache, if the driver is larger than the cache size).

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 07:41:55 +0100

> of the I-cache, if the driver is larger than the cache size).  

Yes, we do that properly.

Alex, when compiling modules, does the compiler pass the flag -mlong-jumps?

  Ralf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 03:05:05 -0500 (EST)

> Alex, when compiling modules, does the compiler pass the flag -mlong-jumps?

No, but it does compile them with -mlong-calls.

- Alex "damned insomnia" deVries