Subject: fdisk for linux-sgi

From: Edwin Hakkennes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:06:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an indy running Linux. I downloaded the Getting_started
stuff, and unpacked it. All seems to be fine, except that I cannot find
an fdisk program on this file-system. (root-be-0.01.cpio)

My question is: How do I partition the disk. I have one, empty 2G disk 
on which only Linux should be installed. 

Is it neccesary to put the disk in a PC for partioning?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Edwin
  
=======================================================================
Edwin Hakkennes                            || [email-masked]
TU Delft  (Delft University of Technology) || Fax        +31 15 2784898
Department   of   Electrical   Engineering || Phone      +31 15 2786267
Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands || 
URL: http://cardit.et.tudelft.nl/~ednes    || Room         ET-HB 10.280
=======================================================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:32:41 +0100

> Is it neccesary to put the disk in a PC for partioning?

No.  You can use the software included under IRIX.  If the disk you are
connecting is not the bootdisk, means sash & the kernel don't reside on
it you can also partition the disk on a pc.  This may be handy for
data exchange.

  Ralf