Subject: lmbench

From: "K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:16:25 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

does anyone have an rpm or binary of lmbench for r4600 indy to share? We
had assembly errors when trying to compile it, and do not have time to
find the problems. Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

--
Conrad Parker [email-masked]
Linux Life: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~conradp/linux/

---

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:41:03 -0800

From: "K." <[email-masked]>
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:16:25 +1100 (EST)

   does anyone have an rpm or binary of lmbench for r4600 indy to
   share? We had assembly errors when trying to compile it, and do not
   have time to find the problems. Any help would be appreciated,

It's a generic bug in binutils that nobody has fixed yet, it generates
a dynamic relocation from a unconditional jump which is larger than
fits in the normal relocation... anyways I've seen this before and so
nobody has a binary for lat_ctx (which is what did not compile for
you).

A quick hack is to get the latest beta/alpha of lmbench, which does in
fact compile cleanly on mips/linux:

http://reality.sgi.com/employees/lm/lmbench/lmbench2.0-alpha2.tgz

Later,
David S. Miller
[email-masked]