Subject: cross-compiling gcc

From: "K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:31:05 +1100 (EST)

when trying to use the gcc from the crossdev directory to cross-complie
code that (indirectly) includes <asm/sgidefs.h> , we get the warning: 
"Please update your GCC to GCC 2.7.2-3 or newer". This happens because the
symbol _MIPS_ISA is not set - consequently compilation barfs when trying
to include <asm/atomic.h> as the wrong section of the header file is used.

Does anyone have a newer version of the cross-compiler, know where we
can get one or how to make one?

K.

--
Conrad Parker [email-masked]
Linux Life: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~conradp/linux/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:57:57 +0100

> can get one or how to make one?

The patches for the newer versions are on ftp.linux.sgi.com.

  Ralf