Subject: Modules...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:41:40 -0500 (EST)

How unpleasant... while trying to load cdrom.o, I got:
[insmod:411] Illegal instruction at c000ca34 ra=c0006a3c

a couple of million times. Ideas?

- A

-- 
Alex deVries          Run Linux on everything,
                      run everything on Linux.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 20:43:07 +0100

> a couple of million times. Ideas?

Not really.  Your bugreport is missing a lot of important context.  I
might be able to help you much better if you provide a bit more
information like

 - the System.map from the kernel map
 - the kernel version
 - your .config kernel configuration
 - did you load any modules before cdrom.o?  If yes which ones?  Please
   send me a dump of /proc/modules, and /proc/ksyms.

Thanks,

  Ralf