Subject: Commercial Linux/MIPS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:26:31 +0100

On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 10:49:36PM -0800, Timothy Stonis wrote:

>   Just wanted to let you all know that Cobalt has officially announced
> it's Qube product which is based on Linux/MIPS. There's some information
> on the product at out website: http://www.cobaltmicro.com/. 
> 
>   We've been running our mail and website off our product for quite a
> while now without a hitch.
> 
>   We'll be shipping a developer version of the product at a rather
> agressive price point, which offers essentially a turnkey headless Linux
> box in a cute little package. The install is basically a Redhat one.
> 
>   And you'll be happy to know that much of the kernel work was done by the
> infamous Ralf...   

Infamous?!?  What???  Me?!?

>   Please feel free to forward me any questions you might have. Of course,
> what would a bunch of hackers do with a box like that? :-) 

There is going to be more commercial Linux/MIPS rsn.  Linux will control
NMR systems, including medical systems and systems for long time measurements
where failure is no option.  In those systems Linux will be the successor
of a modified Risc/OS 4.51 version.  Stay tuned for details ...

  Ralf