Subject: Linux for Nintendo 64

From: Eric Kimminau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 01:18:54 -0500

I thought some of you might find this interesting. Note the date of the
article.

http://www.ix.de/ix/artikel/E/1997/04/036/

And something else I just stumbled upon:
http://webwatcher.org/

-- 
---------1---------2---------3---------4---------5---------6---------7---------8
Eric Kimminau                           RTA/RSA
[email-masked]                     Silicon Graphics, Inc
Voice: (248) 848-4455                   39001 West 12 Mile Rd.
Fax:   (248) 848-5600                   Farmington, MI 48331-2903

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."
       http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing 
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
	
         "I am the great supportfolio, do you have http?"

---

From: Santeri Paavolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:35:54 +0200 (EET)

> http://www.ix.de/ix/artikel/E/1997/04/036/

I'd guess that the iX magazine hits the newsstands in Germany on 1st of
April..

Here's a quote from the text which should alert any reader:

  "According to their speaker, Luciano Aprilia, the Italian developers,
  are going to make the software available under the GPL, so it can be
  used free of charge." 

The article was very entertaining, though :-)

--
[email-masked]                    I have become death, destroyer of the worlds.

---

From: Eric Kimminau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:26:21 -0500

> The article was very entertaining, though :-)

Agreed and implied - Thats why I said to be sure and look at the date.

Eric.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:20:52 +0100

> Agreed and implied - Thats why I said to be sure and look at the date.

Sigh...  Quite a lot of people apparently don't know the special meaning
of the 1st of April and mailed me about Linux for Nitendo.  Some of them
became very agressive and insulting when I told them the article'd be
just hoax ...

  Ralf

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:05:11 +0100 (CET)

> became very agressive and insulting when I told them the article'd be

When did the 25th or March become the 1st of April?

- Ulf

---

From: Eric Kimminau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:09:04 -0500

Ulf. Re-read my original message:

> I thought some of you might find this interesting. Note the date of 
> the article.
>

"Note the date of the article"

I apologize if you got suckered.

-- 
---------1---------2---------3---------4---------5---------6---------7
Eric Kimminau                           RTA/RSA
[email-masked]                     Silicon Graphics, Inc
Voice: (248) 848-4455                   39001 West 12 Mile Rd.
Fax:   (248) 848-5600                   Farmington, MI 48331-2903

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 03:22:32 +0100

> When did the 25th or March become the 1st of April?

Since when was ``Luciano Apriliani'' in an article published in the April
issue not a sufficient hint ...  

  Ralf

---

From: "Douglas F. Elznic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:41:29 -0500 (EST)

> http://www.ix.de/ix/artikel/E/1997/04/036/
This has already been discussed on this list. I think if you "notice" the
date the article becomes a little bit less interesting...

--
Douglas F. Elznic
[email-masked]
"If they give you lined paper, write the other way."
Freedom through Electronic Resistance