Subject: Re: installation problem.

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 12:17:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Alex deVries wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> > 1. I know almost nothing about MIPS/Linux. Well, as soon as it boots for
> >    me will I study all its advantages and disadvantages.
> > 2. My internet connection is not very fast. Only modem at home. Well, I
> >    have a faster connection at school, but you know. Serving a ftp
> >    with 10mb kernels is not a job for me. (well, I may take charge of the
> >    www site some day in the (near?) future).
> 
> That's where SGI comes in nicely, providing us all with ftp.linux.sgi.com.
> 
> I actually have some unfinished HOWTO docs you're welcome to have, but the
> problem with them is that we haven't really realized a viable installation
> method yet.  Still gotta get the initrd stuff running...
> 
> - Alex

I have been trying to catch up this mailing list today. Reading all the
postings since the beginning, very interesting. Can't you please send over
your HOWTO docs and let me see them? I think the hack of the mklinux
installation tool did its job excellent. I have nothing to complain of. 

-Ulf

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:17:35 +0100 (CET)

Evening.

How's it going with the bug in include/asm-mips/r4kcache.h?
I read the source file, but I didn't understand anything, you know - it's
azzemblur ;-).

- Ulf