Subject: Linux for SGI

From: "//\\/\\ario Tomaseli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 08:40:51 -0800

Hallo,
my name ist Mario I'm a student of computer science from Germany. I
usually used to work with linux, now I have to do my diploma on a
SGI/Indigo2 R4400. Because I have all my software under linux, I would
like to work with linux for SGI..

I got the 'GettingStarted software' from the ftp-server, I followed all
the intractions and everythings goes fine but starting the vmlinux
kernel.

Could you help me to find out what I does wrong ??

        ................//\/\ario..

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:52:52 +0100

Hallo Mario,

> Could you help me to find out what I does wrong ??

Kannst Du mir die Ausgabe des hinv-Kommandos unter IRIX schicken?

  Ralf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:55:39 -0500 (EST)

> Kannst Du mir die Ausgabe des hinv-Kommandos unter IRIX schicken?

Can you also tell us what errors you're getting?

- Alex "see? my Dutch heritage is paying off" deVries

---

From: "Tony C. Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:11:25 +0800 (CST)

We have the same problem on Indy, IP22. The error msg is: bus error,
should not happen yet blahblah

--
Tony C. Wu 
System administrator            Email: [email-masked]
Dept. of Life Sciences          Voice: +886-3-574-2772
NTHU, Hsin-Chu, Taiwan            Fax: +886-3-571-5934

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:37:35 +0100

> should not happen yet blahblah

Which kernel?

The bug which started this thread was caused by an unsupported gfx card,
the Elan GFX.  Not much I can do about it.

  Ralf

---

From: "Tony C. Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:49:30 +0800 (CST)

The kernel in the GettingStarted directory of ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com.

--
Tony C. Wu