Subject: More fixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:51:25 +0100

I fixed the old reboot problem.  The cause were three lines of code
that should have been removed ages ago.  Now the second level cache
is being disabled on reboot as it is supposed to.

Furthermore as long as we don't have suitable floating point support
(Grrr... Motorola spread their stuff for the 68k under a BSDish
license ...) I changed the kernel to try to deal with that problem a
little bit more gentle by setting the ``Flush To Zero'' bit in
$fcr31 on unimplemented exceptions.  IEEE754 at it's best :-(

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:03:10 +0100

On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 04:09:37PM +0100, Ulf Carlsson wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Any fixes for the R4000SC yet?

Already in.  If it still isn't working, please tell me.  Maybe someone
can borrow me a R4000SC / R4400SC module ...

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:13:51 +0100

Forgot to mention that I fixed the reported reboot problems.  On
reboot / halt the machine now ends in the firmware and does the right
thing.  We still don't powerdown the machine on halt and it would be
nice to support the power button on the front panel, and btw we could
implement uadmin(2) for the IRIX compat shit.  Will have to read
a bit in /unix about how to do that or so, grmpf...

  Ralf