Subject: strace status?

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:21:35 -0400 (EDT)

How bad off is the strace that's in the CVS?  It seems to be working fine
for me, although I'm not sure I understand if all the glibc patches were
included.  I'd like to merge the changes in that Miguel made into the
redhat SRPMS, if they allow them (and I think they will).

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries
"romantic engsoc guy who runs marathons" - [email-masked]
http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~adevries/ .

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:17:52 +0200

On Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 05:21:35PM -0400, Alex deVries wrote:

> included.

We have some bug in the signal handling of our strace.  Aside of that it
seem to often work better than the Intel version.  Aside it our version was
also building for IRIX - at least before I started working on it.

The glibc in the CVS should have (almost) all my changes; I don't think that ever
anybody else commited changes.  If not, the RPM has them all.  Almost because
my recent patch for Dong Liu is missing and the pthread bug is still unfixed.

>            I'd like to merge the changes in that Miguel made into the

As usual merging back sources is just a question of time and eloquentia ...

  Ralf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:34:27 -0400 (EDT)

> also building for IRIX - at least before I started working on it.

Cool.

> my recent patch for Dong Liu is missing and the pthread bug is still unfixed.

Cool, too.  Now, is 2.0.7 worth generating for any reason?

> > redhat SRPMS, if they allow them (and I think they will).

Both Erik Troan and Alan have mentioned the possibility of RH taking our
patches, although we should really work on getting the patches to strace
put into the main stream.

I'll talk to the strace folks...

- Alex