Subject: crosstools rpms

From: Oliver Frommel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:14:37 +0200 (MET DST)

hi,

i've put up binutils and gcc for crosscompiling (host=x86, target=mips-linux)
up for ftp:

ftp://zero.aec.at/pub/sgi-linux/RPMS/binutils-x-mips-2.8.1-1.i386.rpm
ftp://zero.aec.at/pub/sgi-linux/RPMS/gcc-x-mips-2.7.2.2-1.i386.rpm

the tools are capable of compiling 2.1.90 and require glibc.
if there's any interest i can make the SRPMs, RPMs for libc5 and/or
an IRIX package available too eventually ..

bye
-oliver

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 00:54:30 +0200 (CEST)

> an IRIX package available too eventually ..

Can't you put them on ftp.sgi.linux.com too?

- Ulf

---

From: Oliver Frommel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:51:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> Can't you put them on ftp.sgi.linux.com too?

i think i don't have the necessary permissions for doing so. maybe someone else
can do that. did you have any problems downloading from zero.aec.at?

-oliver

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:01:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Oliver Frommel wrote:

> > > the tools are capable of compiling 2.1.90 and require glibc.  > > if
> there's any interest i can make the SRPMs, RPMs for libc5 and/or > > an
> IRIX package available too eventually ..  > > Can't you put them on
> ftp.sgi.linux.com too?  ls> >
> 
> can do that. did you have any problems downloading from zero.aec.at?

No, but I think most of the people who look for crosscompiling tools for
Linux/SGI look at ftp.linux.sgi.com, and download the old nonfunctional
crosscompiling tools.

Ralf?

- Ulf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

> can do that. did you have any problems downloading from zero.aec.at?

I've moved those now into ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/crossdev/something.
Sorry for the delay.  I also moved the old RPMS and tarballs to
/src/ftp/pub/mips-linux/old on linus.

- Alex

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:13:50 +0200

> Linux/SGI look at ftp.linux.sgi.com, and download the old nonfunctional

Sorry, I'm absent.  Happy to have at least email connectivity.

Happy Easter,

  Ralf