Subject: WW and X

From: LetherGlov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:47:18 EDT

Here's the scoop....the project isn't dead it's just that editing WWW
pages in vi isn't the greatest fun and as I understand it with X, Miguel was
working on getting Xsgi running on top of linux, instead of compiling XFree,
but he's working on gnome mostly right now, so that's just hanging around,
also one of the problems is that the indy docs don't document where the mouse
connects to the system, so even if you got X working you wouldn't have a
mouse.

--
Robbie Stone

---

From: "William J. Earl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:53:32 -0700

> connects to the system, so even if you got X working you wouldn't have a

      The mouse connects to the other port of the keyboard/mouse
controller.  As far as I know, it is bug-compatible with the usual PC
PS/2-style keyboard/mouse controller.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 17:05:26 +0200

On Wed, May 06, 1998 at 05:47:18PM -0400, LetherGlov wrote:

> pages in vi isn't the greatest fun

Hm...  How about using Emacs' ange-ftp for editing web pages?  We could
setup things such that we can upload pages into the ftp-accessable web
tree.

>                                    and as I understand it with X, Miguel was

Sigh ...

Btw, there is just an X server missing.  There is a tarball with the rest
of X online which should serve well for most purposes.

  Ralf