Subject: ssh binaries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:23:46 +0200

Hi all,

I've uploaded ssh binaries, both big endian and little endian,
international and us-damaged (read: rsaref) versions to
ftp.replay.com:/pub/crypto/incoming/.  The binaries are probably
somewhen going to be moved to their final place.

  Ralf

-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      75619 Jun 14 16:39 ssh-1.2.25-1i.mipseb.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     169412 Jun 14 17:00 ssh-1.2.25-1i.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      75499 Jun 14 17:02 ssh-1.2.25-1us.mipseb.rpm-rw-------   1 usura    crypto     169216 Jun 14 17:13 ssh-1.2.25-1us.mipsel.rpm-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     237156 Jun 14 16:41 ssh-clients-1.2.25-1i.mipseb.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     237981 Jun 14 17:04 ssh-clients-1.2.25-1i.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     246165 Jun 14 17:03 ssh-clients-1.2.25-1us.mipseb.rpm
-rw-------   1 usura    crypto     246256 Jun 14 17:16 ssh-clients-1.2.25-1us.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      20327 Jun 14 16:41 ssh-extras-1.2.25-1i.mipseb.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      22981 Jun 14 17:04 ssh-extras-1.2.25-1i.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      20361 Jun 14 17:04 ssh-extras-1.2.25-1us.mipseb.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto      20361 Jun 14 17:04 ssh-extras-1.2.25-1us.mipseb.rpm
-rw-------   1 usura    crypto      23147 Jun 14 17:16 ssh-extras-1.2.25-1us.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     123987 Jun 14 16:42 ssh-server-1.2.25-1i.mipseb.rpm
-rw-------   1 usura    crypto     126500 Jun 14 17:09 ssh-server-1.2.25-1i.mipsel.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 usura    crypto     129127 Jun 14 17:05 ssh-server-1.2.25-1us.mipseb.rpm
-rw-------   1 usura    crypto     131265 Jun 14 17:17 ssh-server-1.2.25-1us.mipsel.rpm

---

From: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:49:48 +0800

Dear SGI/Linuxer:

Do anybody know which device should the /dev/mouse linked to?

Thanx for your help
-- 
Francis M. J. Hsieh      | Email:   [email-masked]
Life Science Department, | Webpage: http://www.life.nthu.edu.tw/~mjhsieh/
National Tsing Hua Univ, | Voice:   +886 3 5715131 ext 3482
HsinChu, Taiwan Republic | 	    +886 3 5715649

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:35:07 +0200

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 01:52:17AM +0800, Francis M. J. Hsieh wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 14, 1998 at 07:23:46PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
>   I am sorry if it was discussed before. I can't install the client
> and server, rpm told me "libz.so.1" needed even if I downloaded the
> actual file libz.so.1 from ftp.linux.sgi.com.
> 
> How can I fix it up? Thanx for your help.

Just dowloading the libz.so.1 file won't do the job, you should get the
zlib package and install it, it's apparently missing from your system.

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:37:00 +0200

> Do anybody know which device should the /dev/mouse linked to?

The mouse driver is borken.

  Ralf

---

From: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:46:02 +0800

> zlib package and install it, it's apparently missing from your system.

I actually installed zlib before, so, I solve it by force it install. :-)
rpm -i --nodeps .....

:-) happy linuxing!

---

From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 01:52:17 +0800

Sincerely Yours.

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:39:21 -0400 (EDT)

> How can I fix it up? Thanx for your help.

This is a problem with the zlib RPM that is released with Alpha 1; none of
those libraries have dependancies in them.  The ones in Alpha 2 have this
problem fixed.  So, the 'real' answer is to completely reinstall all the
packages in Alpha 2 (which all have the same versions and releases, for
compatibility and consistancy with RH 5.1/Intel).

- Alex

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:44:45 -0400 (EDT)

> Do anybody know which device should the /dev/mouse linked to?

/dev/psaux, I would think, but seeing as the psaux driver isn't working,
it'll go nowhere.

Hm.  Someone should look at that.

- Alex

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:59:02 +0200

> Hm.  Someone should look at that.

Looks like a job for me.  But first I have to exterminate a couple of RISC/os
installations.

  Ralf