Subject: installer swap problem

From: Bob Kozdemba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:04:54 -0400

Hi:
Does anyone know the trick in getting around the swap problem ?
The installer says I must add a swap partition before continuing.
The only option is "OK"

Thanks,
Koz

-- 
Bob Kozdemba - Systems Engineer - Silicon Graphics / Cray Research
375 Woodcliff Drive Rochester, NY 14450 
Office: 716-383-4262 * Direct: 716-249-4720 * Fax: 716-383-4265 
Email: [email-masked] * http://reality.sgi.com/koz

---

From: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:36:08 +0800

> The installer says I must add a swap partition before continuing.

It seems that the swapon is not working at this stage. I press "OK",
too.

-- 
Francis M. J. Hsieh      | Email:   [email-masked]
Life Science Department, | Webpage: http://www.life.nthu.edu.tw/~mjhsieh/
National Tsing Hua Univ, | Voice:   +886 3 5715131 ext 3482
HsinChu, Taiwan Republic | 	    +886 3 5715649

---

From: Bob Kozdemba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:57:09 -0400

> It seems that the swapon is not working at this stage. I press "OK",
After pressing OK, I am back to where I started and it will not let
me continue.

How did you manage to get past this point ?

Thanks for the reply,
Koz