Subject: strace

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

I know this worked before.

I rebuilt strace from the CVS, and now it does:

[root@alex3 strace]# ./strace /bin/ls
execve("/bin/ls", ["/bin/ls"], [/* 17 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
cacheflush(0x7ffffb60, 28, BCACHE)      = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
cacheflush(0x7ffffae8, 28, BCACHE)      = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
mmap(0x40d578, 24879, PROT_EXEC, 0 /* MAP_??? */, -1, 0xc) = -1 EFAULT
(Bad address)
write(2, "BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: ", 29) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "dl-minimal.c", 12)            = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, ": ", 2)                       = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "70", 2)                       = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, ": ", 2)                       = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "malloc", 6)                   = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, ": ", 2)                       = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "Assertion `", 11)             = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "page != (caddr_t) -1", 20)    = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
write(2, "\' failed!\n", 10)            = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
_exit(127)                              = ?
_exit returned!
) = ?
--- SIGBUS (Segmentation fault) ---
+++ killed by SIGBUS +++

Where should I start looking?

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~adevries/ .