Subject: possible apache error?

From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:51:32 +0800

Hi there;

Did you found that some error occured when apache is transfering html
text? The default faq file in http://localhost/manual/misc/FAQ.html
corrupted at the browser. Did anybody get it, too?

Sincerely yours.
-- Francis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:08:09 +0200

> corrupted at the browser. Did anybody get it, too?

Yes, and there is another code affected by the same syndrome.  rlogin
to an Indy looks like:

[ralf@lappi ralf]$ rlogin -l root indy
Last login: Wed Jul  1 11:14:13 from lappi
[root@indy /root]# ls
bookmarks              rpm-2.5-2.src.rpm      ttcp-1.rpm      ttcp-1.one.S
      ssone.S                  ssrpm  ttcp-1.4-1.rpm  ttcp-1.4-1.-980528.tar.gz
sh-1.2.25.tar.gzsh-1.2.25.tar.gz ssh-1.2.25.tar.gz.sig
[root@indy /root]# ll
total 5370
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          146 Nov 3       146 Nov 3s
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         3072 May  3 07:00 clone.S
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      2568819 Jun 10  1996 dejagnu-980528.tar.gz
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        15658 May  3 07:06 dliu*
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         1001 Apr 28 01:01 dliu.c
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       581465 Jun 13  1996 rpm-2.5-2.src.rpm
-rw-------   1 root     root      1268954 Jun 14 17:44 ssh-1.2.23-1i.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         2591 Jun 14 17:15 ssh-1.2.25.release
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      1002828 Jun 1   1002828 Jun 125.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          152 Jun 14 17:20 ssh-1.2.25.tar.gz.sig
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         9678 Dec        9678 Dec  -1.mips.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         8310 Dec        8310 Dec  -1.src.rpm
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         1139 May  8 00:10 vc-bug.c
[root@indy /root]#

The corruption pattern is repeatable the same in most cases and I bet
both the http and the rlogin corruption have the same cause.

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:11:46 +0200

> both the http and the rlogin corruption have the same cause.

The cause seems to be memmove which can corrupt data in certain cases.

  Ralf