Subject: ridiculous question. . . ;)

From: "D.A. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:15:56 -0700

But I just couldn't help asking.  (So sue me. ;-)  Any chance Maya will 
be ported to SGI/Linux?  Yes, I know we don't have a working version of 
X yet, no OpenGL support, but. . .  Maya is pretty cool, and Linux kicks
ass over NT. ;)

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dale Harris  <[email-masked]>   PGP KeyID: E26EC5FD      
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~rodmur/
|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|+|

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:38:02 -0400 (EDT)

> X yet, no OpenGL support, but. . .  Maya is pretty cool, and Linux kicks

What's Maya?

- Alex

---

From: "D.A. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:22:41 -0700

> - Alex

The replacement for Alias from Alias/Wavefront, a subsidary of SGI.  Maya 
is Powerful 3D animation software, what I've seen and what my boss and 
co-workers are saying is that it very intuitive to use, so far they love it, 
one of the animators say it is more useful than Lightwave.  Course right now 
it is only available for IRIX, and cost in the neighborhood of $40,000 (unless 
you can get it on some educational discount).  An NT port is in the works
by Alias/Wavefront.  Yeah, I know, I'll never see it on Linux, and I'm 
wasting bandwidth.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:34:48 +0200

> by Alias/Wavefront.  Yeah, I know, I'll never see it on Linux, and I'm 

On the day on which our binary compatibility is good enough to run
software product xy you can run xy whether the manufacturer of xy agrees -
or not.

  Ralf