Subject: The mouse issue...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 00:08:07 -0400 (EDT)

Alright.  So I went through to see if I could locate anywhere in the
kernel where there might be problems with psaux.  I recompiled, stuck some
printk's in, and I got: Nothing.  Nadda.  Zip.  The whole machine hangs
(including num lock).

When I do a 'cat /dev/psaux', the printk's prove that the open works fine.
Then in the first read, it attempts to do a schedule().  So far, no
problem, the system is still up.  But it never comes out of the
schedule(), and a subsequent mouse input hangs the system (or the
keyboard, anyway).

Ideas? 

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~adevries/ .

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 06:56:05 +0200

> schedule(), and a subsequent mouse input hangs the system (or the

Mouse interrupts where looping.  Fixed, gpm works now.

There I small uglyness in gpm when using it with certain types of mouse
like PS/2 mice which are available with two or three buttons.  Until
the optional third middle button has been used for the first time gpm
doesn't know that it's using a three button mouse.  So the right button
changes it's meaning when the middle one has been pressed.  Just a
small thing and it affects all architectures anyway.

  Ralf