Subject: Account request.

From: "Andrew O'Brien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:55:37 +1000 (EST)

Sorry about the spam. I thought it'd have more chance of being acted upon
soon(ish) if I posted to the group.

I'm after an account on linus. I'm currently working on a port to a
specialised 4600 board developed here at the UNSW (actually I'm porting
linux to run on top of L4, a microkernel, running on this board)

I attempted to access the cvs tree with user: cvs, password:cvs and then
found that cvs was not accessable this way. Poking back through the mail
archive (thanks Ariel - its at http://reality.sgi.com/ariel/linux.gz for
those of you wondering) I found that it's only available via ssh.

Therefore, an account would be nice as mirroring via ftp is not really
that productive ;)

I seem to remember there being problems with the cvs-commit mailing list -
if this is fixed could someone add me (or let me know what the address
is for the majordomo server) to that as well ? 

My thanks to you all.

BTW - if anyone is interested in local OS stuff, have a look at the
following:

UNSW Mungi Project (Mungi is a 64bit SASOS and the final target of my
port)
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~disy/Mungi.html

MIPS L4 developed here:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~disy/L4/

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~andrewo/thesis (not much here but a short talk
on the general design goals of the Linux on L4 port)

--___________________________________________________________________
 /  Andrew O'Brien       [email-masked]   [email-masked]  \
/  Student, Faculty of CSE       http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~andrewo  \
>  UNSW, Australia           President COMPSOC   http://www/~compsoc  <
\  BE (Comp)/BA (Psych)      Student Representative   stu-reps@cse..  /
 \_____ "finger [email-masked]" for my current location ____/