Subject: ERRATA: rpm and portmap

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

Here's the errata that fixes some problems with the distributed Hard Hat
5.1 for SGI distribution:

RPM has been updated to have a correct rpmrc so it will install
.noarch.rpm files without having to use the --ignorearch flag.

portmap has been installed in order to run at an earlier stage on bootup
so that NFS server loads properly.

You can update your system by doing:
rpm -Uvh \
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/redhat/updates/hardhat-5.1/portmap-4.0-12.mipseb.rpm
rpm -Uvh \
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/redhat/updates/hardhat-5.1/rpm-2.5.2-3.mipseb.rpm
rpm -Uvh \
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/redhat/updates/hardhat-5.1/rpm-devel-2.5.2-3.mipseb.rpm

(Honza, could you maybe update the WWW pages to reflect mention of this?
Thanks)

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~adevries/ .

---

From: Honza Pazdziora <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 14:30:44 +0200 (MET DST)

> (Honza, could you maybe update the WWW pages to reflect mention of this?

Done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Honza Pazdziora | [email-masked] | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please
------------------------------------------------------------------------