Subject: utmp.h

From: "Francis M.J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 18:41:44 +0800

Well, FYI, I found that the utmp.h is very different from that in x86
linux or IRIX ...

-- 
Francis M. J. Hsieh      | Email:   [email-masked]
Life Science Department, | Webpage: http://www.life.nthu.edu.tw/~mjhsieh/
National Tsing Hua Univ, | Voice:   +886 3 5715131 ext 3482
HsinChu, Taiwan Republic | 	    +886 3 5715649

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:20:50 +0200

> Well, FYI, I found that the utmp.h is very different from that in x86

It's that way because changing the structure to what the other architectures
are using would break the binary compatibility for not that much benefit.
I did so because glibc has already been the only libc for MIPS when other
architectures were still relying only on H.J. Lu's Linux Libc aka libc 5.

It's on the to do list for libc 7 and I think we've got still quite some
time before we take that step.

  Ralf

---

From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:18:58 +0800

> time before we take that step.

hmmm... Okay, maybe i should change the source (seems to be a hard work)
to fit my need.

--
Francis