Subject: Re: Message while mounting NFS

From: Honza Pazdziora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:54:05 +0200 (MET DST)

> Honza Pazdziora wrote:
> > 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > These messages run accross console and go to syslog when I mount
> > NFS disk from remote host:
> > 
> > Jul 16 17:04:33 nemesis kernel: lockd_up: no pid, 2 users??
> > Jul 16 17:04:38 nemesis kernel: portmap: RPC call returned error 146
> > Jul 16 17:04:38 nemesis kernel: RPC: task of released request still queued!
> > Jul 16 17:04:38 nemesis kernel: RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)

[...]

> Try forcing an rsize and wsize of 8k (8192), make sure you are up to
> date on nfs, mountd and lockd patches, try forcing mounts to NFSv2 and
> if all else fails (my favorite) remove rpcbind from the picture.

Well, just starting portmap before NFS mounting the disks helped. I'm however
not able to say how "system" this solutions is ;-)

> ---------1---------2---------3---------4---------5---------6---------7
> Eric Kimminau                           FTA/RSA
> [email-masked]                     Silicon Graphics, Inc

[CC sent to SGI/Linux list]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Honza Pazdziora | [email-masked] | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
                   I can take or leave it if I please
------------------------------------------------------------------------