Subject: cdrom

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:56:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
Has someone managed to mount a CD yet?

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc ==
88021bcc, ra == 880f51c4 Oops: 0000

....

epc   : 88021bcc
Status: 3004fc02
Cause : 00000008
Segmentition fault

Then i get the prompt back.

The second time I try:

scsi: aborting command due to timeout : pid 665, scsi0, channel 0, id4,
lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
scsi0: Aborting connected command 665 - stopping DMA sending wd33c93 ABORT
command - flushing fifo - asr=00, sr=16, 0 bytes un-transferred
(timeout=-1) - sending wd33c93 DISCONNECT command - asr=00, sr=16.page
fault from irq handler: 0000

...

epc   : 88021bcc
Status: 1004fc02
Cause : 00000008
Aiee killing interrupt handler
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
In swapper task - not syncing

Really lots of error messages.

Well, I was thinking if I could boot from the cd and install without
networking, doesn't work very well though.

- Ulf