Subject: Hard hat is no more...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:30:30 -0400 (EDT)

I've been informed by the powers that be that "Hard Hat" CDs are from now
on going to be called "Rough Cuts", sinc ethe original name is too close
to "Red Hat", and ldilutes the Red Hat trade mark.

To me, Rough Cuts sounds like the perfect title for a pornographic film,
but hey, who am I to talk?

Anyway, let's not change the WWW pages or anything until the CD is out.

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
http://www.engsoc.carleton.ca/~adevries/ .

---

From: Jeffrey Watts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:41:52 -0500 (CDT)

> to "Red Hat", and ldilutes the Red Hat trade mark.

"Rough Cuts"?  Huh?  What is that supposed to mean?  I understood "Hard
Hat" as a nice play off of "Red Hat", but "Rough Cuts" seems, well, dumb.

"Rough Cuts Linux" doesn't sound right either.

Just my $.02
J.

o-----------------------------------o
| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| [email-masked]           o-------------------------------------o
| Systems Analyst               | "If you asked me to name the three  |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  scariest threats facing the human  |
o-------------------------------|  race, I'd give the same answer     |
                                |  that most people would:  nuclear   |
                                |  war, global warming and Windows."  |
                                |  -- Dave Barry                      |
                                o-------------------------------------o

---

From: Brendan Black <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:06:04 +1200

> "Rough Cuts Linux" doesn't sound right either.

ergh... nah 'Rough cuts' - I liked Blue Belt - or alternatively how about Blue
Suede Shoes?
heheh elvis linux ;)
-- 
Brendan Black - Network Engineer, Telecom Internet Services

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:11:29 +0100 (BST)

> heheh elvis linux ;)

Oh great yeah "its fat and its dead" ;)

Alan