Subject: R4000 PROTOTYPE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:14:58 +0200

On Sun, Aug 09, 1998 at 01:32:04PM -0600, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

>     On a completely unrelated note - out of curiosity I pulled the heatsink
> off the cpu in my system - Never seen a mips 4k processor before. Anyway, I
> was surprised to find the word "PROTOTYPE" emblazoned acrost the chip. Is
> this common? Or do I have something really cool/funky here? if anybody
> wants to see, I have a digital camera here.

Maybe some long time MIPSer can tell something about this chip?  Is this
the CPU version which identifies itself as version 2.2 which is the oldest
I've ever seen?

Thanks,

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven G. Parker)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:32:48 -0600

We have an Indy (one of the earlier) that identifies itself as version 2.2.
I've never pulled the heat sink off though...

Steve

On Aug 11,  1:14pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> Subject: R4000 PROTOTYPE
>-- End of excerpt from [email-masked]