Subject: Re: what is this?

From: "Francis M. J. Hsieh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 14:00:32 +0800

okay, I am reporting again.

I happened to meet this before, maybe it is a rare case.
  Socket destroy delayed (r=0 w=112)
  Socket destroy delayed (r=0 w=256)

Any idea? Had anyone seen that before?

-- 
Francis M. J. Hsieh      | Email:   [email-masked]
Life Science Department, | Webpage: http://www.life.nthu.edu.tw/~mjhsieh/
National Tsing Hua Univ, | Voice:   +886 3 5715131 ext 3482
HsinChu, Taiwan Republic | 	    +886 3 5715649

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 14:02:26 +0100 (BST)

> Any idea? Had anyone seen that before?

When a socket has buffers charged to it the socket cant be destroyed so
the kernel hangs on to it. It indicates one of several things - a socket
that has some state timeouts left to do that are longer than 10 secs 
after the close, a socket that has buffers queued up with a very constipated
driver, or a leak.

Alan