Subject: SGI/Linux subscription growth

From: [email-masked] (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:47:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Just wanted to share some numbers I just noted.

The readership of the SGI/Linux mailing list seems to be growing
at about the same rate that Linux is growing, i.e. high double digits,
maybe triple digits per year.  I have only 3 data points:

	Tue Jan 13 12:46:42 1998	120 subscribers

	Tue Jun  2 11:59:30 1998	156 subscribers

	Wed Sep  9 14:11:37 1998	195 subscribers

SGI subscribers are less than 1/4 of the total (47/195).
i.e. most people are not SGI employees.

-- 
Peace, Ariel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 01:46:23 +0200

> i.e. most people are not SGI employees.

Add the subscribers of [email-masked] which were over 230 about a year
ago (will post detailed figures when I get them) and a two digit or low
three digit number for [email-masked].

  Ralf