Subject: VINO

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 01:12:07 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to do VINO DMA directly to the newport ?

Thomas.

-- 
See, you not only have to be a good coder to create a system like Linux,
you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)
                   [Linus Torvalds in <[email-masked]>]

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

> Is it possible to do VINO DMA directly to the newport ?

God knows I'm not an authority on this, but I believe the answer to this
is no; you need to do DMA from VINO to memory, then memory to XMAP9
through REX3.

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

- Alex

---

From: [email-masked] (George Kyriazis)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Is it possible to do VINO DMA directly to the newport ?
As far as I know, you have to do it through memory.

To elaborate:  I believe you can program the DMA controller to copy
from VINO to the REX3 (read: from a fixed address to a fixed address),
but I doubt the data formats are compatible.  Ie, you'll be dumping
garbage to the REX3 registers.

  --george
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Kyriazis  | Silicon Graphics, Inc., 8U-590 |  [email-masked]
                 | 2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.        |  650-933-2828
                 | Mt. View, CA 94043             |