Subject: crosscompiling on debian/i386

From: Richard Hartensveld <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:29:09 +0200

Hi,

i'm trying to crosscompile a linux/sgi kernel on a debian/i386 machine
with the binutils and the mips-linux-gcc compiler from the linux-sgi ftp
site.

But i keep getting the following  error, does anyone know what i am
doing wrong.?
I'm trying to compile  for a r5000 cpu.

(the dependancies works fine)

wilderness:/usr/src/linux# make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux- zImage
mips-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -
O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r8000 -mips2
-pipe  -c
 -o init/main.o init/main.c
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `on_sig_stack':
In file included from init/main.c:17:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: `current' undeclared (first
use this f
unction)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: (Each undeclared identifier is
reporte
d only once
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: for each function it appears
in.)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:530: warning: control reaches end
of non-vo
id function
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `sas_ss_flags':
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:534: `current' undeclared (first
use this f
unction)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:536: warning: control reaches end
of non-vo
id function
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `suser':
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:561: `current' undeclared (first
use this f
unction)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `fsuser':
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:570: `current' undeclared (first
use this f
unction)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `capable':
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h:586: `current' undeclared (first
use this f
unction)
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/mm.h: In function `expand_stack':
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/slab.h:14,
                 from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/malloc.h:4,
                 from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h:6,
                 from init/main.c:24:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/mm.h:353: `current' undeclared (first use
this func
tion)
make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1

Anyone who could help?

Richard

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:29:39 +0200

> But i keep getting the following  error, does anyone know what i am

The error messages look like you've been attempting to compile a vanilla
kernel from ftp.kernel.org.  Won't work, get a tree from ftp.linux.sgi.com.
You're also passing variables to make which normally isn't necessary.  Did
you've select CONFIG_CROSSCOMPILE when configuring the kernel?  The sources
will then automatically select the right compiler.

   Ralf