Subject: Milo & R4000SC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:24:43 +0200

I've just found yet another SC problem.  Due bugs in a certain ARC firmware
in the FlushAllCaches() function Milo uses it's own cache flushing routine.
Which does not has the feature of flushing R4000 caches 32 times in a row,
it also doesn't correctly deal with R4000 second level caches.  It just
happens to work for the Magnum 4000SCs because they use a unified second
level cache.

Any success in finally getting rid of Milo?

  Ralf

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:59:23 +0200

> Any success in finally getting rid of Milo?

Milo was already gone, when I posted my questions about tags. My kernel
is also nearly free of tags, only the RM200 code contains some pieces.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]