Subject: Re: SGI partitions / fdisk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 03:32:05 +0200

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 09:57:47PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

I've got some more fdisk patches around which make fdisk work correctly
with PC style partitions on big endian machines.  So I can now partition
all auxilary disks on my Indy and move them with my PC and Indy/Linux.

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:59:46 +0200

On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 11:24:18PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

> > with PC style partitions on big endian machines.
> 
> They are welcome, although it may well be that I have done
> this same work already. Have you looked at a recent fdisk?

No.  My work is based on whatever is shipping with RedHat 5.1.  Where can
I get the latest and hottest release of linux-utils?

> Btw - there will soon be a new release of util-linux,
> including fdisk etc, so this is a good moment to dig up
> all fdisk patches you may have.

Yes, it would be.  Actually since fdisk has been hacked up so badly I
think a major cleanup wouldn't be bad.

(Any followups please to [email-masked], not [email-masked].  The later
address will from tomorrow on be unreachable for as much as several days.)

  Ralf