Subject: compiling CVS kernel

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 19:41:12 -0500

Trying to get my new disk and stuff all working (thanks, Kev!), so that
I can take Yet Another Futile Run At EFS, and I can't compile the kernel
out of CVS:

[shaver@zamboni linux]$ gmake CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux- boot
mips-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/work/sgi-linux/linux/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic
-mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -pipe  -c -o init/main.o init/main.c
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `on_sig_stack':
In file included from init/main.c:17:
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:528: for each function it
appears in.)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:530: warning: control
reaches end of non-void function
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `sas_ss_flags':
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:534: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:536: warning: control
reaches end of non-void function
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `suser':
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:561: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `fsuser':
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:570: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h: In function `capable':
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/sched.h:586: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/mm.h: In function `expand_stack':
In file included from /work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/slab.h:14,
                 from /work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/malloc.h:4,
                 from /work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h:6,
                 from init/main.c:24:
/work/sgi-linux/linux/include/linux/mm.h:353: `current' undeclared
(first use this function)
gmake: *** [init/main.o] Error 1

Thoughts?

Mike

-- 
1840216.79 1276744.78