Subject: connectivity to linus...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:12:41 -0500 (EST)

Just so people know, and not to pester anyone, but linus.linux.sgi.com
isn't reachable from the Internet once again. Could someone sort this out?

Please, don't turn this into an SGI advocacy thread, please.

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Bob Mende Pie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:26:12 -0800 (PST)

I just check on linus and was able to access the web server.  I was able
to do it from both SGI and from Rutgers.   Are you still seeing problems.

                    /Bob...                    mailto:[email-masked]
              http://reality.sgi.com/mende            KF6EID

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:29:33 -0500 (EST)

> to do it from both SGI and from Rutgers.   Are you still seeing problems.

Ah, no it's back.  all is well again.

- Alex

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rikli)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:33:13 -0800 (PST)

> to do it from both SGI and from Rutgers.   Are you still seeing problems.

We just swapped out the flakey hub that services that external
network -- we tried to be quick but obviously not quick enough ...
sorry 'bout that.

It should be good to go again, but if not please let us know.

cheers,
sr.
-- 
|| Steve Rikli <[email-masked]> |||                                         ||
|| Systems Administrator    ||| You never want the one you can afford.  ||
|| NSD/SNS/ASD/SSBU/CSBU/...|||                                         ||
|| Silicon Graphics, Inc.   |||                                         ||