Subject: Re: Copying include files from IRIX?

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:59:36 +0100

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 12:04:27PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> 
> There's a few gfx/newport include files that need to be added to the
> kernel; I found this out when trying to get drawbars.c to build.  
> 
> I can steal everything directly from the IRIX include files, but I wonder
> about copyright issues.
> 
> What should I do about this?

They can't copyright an interface.

- Ulf

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:04:27 -0500 (EST)

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:24:25 -0500

> They can't copyright an interface.

But that's not what Alex is talking about.  SGI can't prevent us (should
they even want to!) from writing headers that correspond to the
interface, but they could certainly protect their expression of that
interface.

Mike

-- 
87087.51 71746.30