Subject: HAL code in the kernel...

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:12:26 -0500 (EST)

So, I've merged Ulf's HAL code; I know it's not working at all yet, but
putting it into CVS is the only way to work on it jointly.

It'll build as a module or right into the kernel; it's a development
option in the new category "SGI Devices".  All the code's in
drivers/sgi/audio (no, not drivers/sgi/char).  Modules get installed in
/lib/modules/%version/misc.

I'm pretty sure Mike Shaver and Ariel could hear me screaming at CVS from
California. 

So far, the total output of the driver is:

hal2: rev: 4010
hal2: there was no device?
sgiaudio: unable to find hal2 subsystem

Clearly there's work to be done. 

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:33:06 -0500 (EST)

> sgiaudio: unable to find hal2 subsystem

Actually, that might be right; here's the hinv output of any Indy I've
ever recorded the hinv output of:
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0

I have these two for Indigo2's:
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 0.1.0
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0

So Ulf might be closer than he realizes.

- Alex