Subject: linus down?

From: Mike Shaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:54:32 -0500

I can't get to cvs or http services on linus...anyone know what's up?

Mike

-- 
165664.76 134607.33

---

From: Shrijeet Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:03:21 -0800

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Mike Shaver wrote:

->I can't get to cvs or http services on linus...anyone know what's up?
->
->Mike

I am seeing the same problem .. what is going on ?

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrijeet Mukherjee,    			Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
					Advanced Graphics Division 
                     			Silicon Graphics Computer Systems

http://reality.sgi.com/shm_engr     	phone: 650-933-5312
email: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world fears a new experience more than it fears anything. 
	Because a new experience displaces so many old experiences. 
						-- D. H. Lawrence

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rikli)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:18:40 -0800 (PST)

> I am seeing the same problem .. what is going on ?

linus.linux.sgi.com gives every appearance of being down with some
kinda h/w problem.

I've just started poking it -- more info when I have it.

sr.
-- 
|| Steve Rikli <[email-masked]> ||| I love the rules.  Once you know the    ||
|| Systems Administrator    ||| rules you can cheat.                    ||
|| NSD/SNS/ASD/SSBU/CSBU/...|||                                         ||    
|| Silicon Graphics, Inc.   |||       - Charles M. Schulz, _Peanuts_    ||

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rikli)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:13:54 -0800 (PST)

> I've just started poking it -- more info when I have it.

Update -- this has almost nothing to do with linus' h/w , rather it
appears to be one of the Internet router connections to linus.

Trying to get in touch with the appropriate parties now.

sr.
-- 
|| Steve Rikli <[email-masked]> ||| There's a fine line between genius and  ||
|| Systems Administrator    ||| insanity.  I have erased this line.     ||
|| NSD/SNS/ASD/SSBU/CSBU/...|||                                         ||
|| Silicon Graphics, Inc.   |||             - Oscar Levant (1906-1972)  ||

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rikli)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:41:25 -0800 (PST)

> Trying to get in touch with the appropriate parties now.

An addtional update here:

The appropriate parties responsible for the external network which
linus.linux.sgi.com lives on have been notified of the situation
and are (have been) looking at the matter for a while.

Unfortunately I don't have a full-fledged ETA yet, since the "fix"
likely involves some potential work on one of SGI's Internet routers.

Again, more info when I get it.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience so far.

sr.
-- 
|| Steve Rikli <[email-masked]> |||                                         ||
|| Systems Administrator    ||| Does fuzzy logic tickle?                ||
|| NSD/SNS/ASD/SSBU/CSBU/...|||                                         ||
|| Silicon Graphics, Inc.   |||                                         ||