Subject: R4400 200MHz Indys

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:22:51 +0100

Yesterday Ralf told me about a bug in the R4400 Rev 6.0 250 MHz devices.
As we can't say, whether the 200Mhz are real 250 MHz chip, it's worth
a try to activate the workaround for it, which is already present in
the kernel (but never gets enabled). People, which have problem with 
R4400 Indys, please try the kernel below.

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/test/vmlinux-indy-r4400-990226.gz

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]

---

From: Eric Melville <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:35:48 -0800

drats! it looks exactly the same (except it says it's linux version
2.2.1 ;) ... it hangs on:

"Freeing unused kernel memory: 52k freed"

weird.

-E