Subject: Indigo R4K and Linux?

From: Victor Kuhns <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:42:01 -0600

Hi Guys,

	Running Linux on a Indigo R4K.  Has anybody done it?  Our indigo just
locks up when we try to boot off our machine running RH 5.0.  I have an
Indy R4k...but have about 10 Indigo R4k's sitting around.  Would be nice
to get the Indigo working:)

Thanks...

	-Victor

---

From: "Michael W. Folsom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 09:55:27 -0700

> to get the Indigo working:)

I second that motion!

I have a stack of R4400 Indigo's with XZ graphics floating
around and I'd love to put linux on them!  I even have an
R3000 Indigo with XZ graphics that's sitting idle. That's in
addition to a couple of R4000 Crimson boxes, but we won't
get into that now!

So, the relevant questions are - what's the pain level in
doing this?  What info do we need to lay hands on to get
this to happen?  And, as usual the most important question
is - how can I help make it happen?!?

Be well,

Michael

---

From: Victor Kuhns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 13:05:16 -0600

I would certainly be interested in any modifications.  I guess I would
like to understand what the differences would be when the Indigo vs.
Indy boots up through prom to a Linux machine.  I have never been
through the source so maybe its something worth going through.  Any
comments or suggestions?

Thanxs.
	
-Victor

---

From: Honza Pazdziora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:29:54 +0100

> to get the Indigo working:)

Victor, Michael,

Andrew R. Baker <[email-masked]> posted an announcement on January 21
about an project of porting Linux to Indigo2. You might want to get in
touch with them.

Andrew, if you have a contact URL or e-mail we could put on
www.linux.sgi.com, that would be nice.

Yours,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Honza Pazdziora | [email-masked] | http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/
 I just got back from vacation and started to clean my mailbox -- sorry
 if you had to wait for this email.