Subject: newport stuff.

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:53:26 -0500 (EST)

Alright.  I've read a lot of code.  Here's my current take on it.

The goal is to get /dev/graphics to work.  It seems to me that we already
have an excellent start to the newport interface in newport_cons.c, and we
need that functionality for both newport graphics and newport console.

Are there objctions to me stripping out functionality from the very
excellent newport_cons.c and putting it into newport.c so I can use it
from graphics. as well?

- A

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Miguel de Icaza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 20:08:00 -0600

> excellent newport_cons.c and putting it into newport.c so I can use it

I do not see how much you can use from newport_cons.c into a
/dev/graphics driver.

Miguel.

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:33:41 +0100

> excellent newport_cons.c and putting it into newport.c so I can use it

If you find something, which is worth sharing do it. But I have to agree
with Miguel, there isn't much usefull stuff for /dev/graphic in newport_con.c.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]