Subject: HAL module problems?

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 00:18:03 -0500 (EST)

I'm not quite sure what the problem here is, but when I rebuild my kernel
freshly, directly from what's in CVS, and I use the same kernel that
matches the module, I get:

[root@black linux]# /sbin/insmod hal2
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol kmalloc
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol unregister_chrdev
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol register_chrdev
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol __get_free_pages
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol interruptible_sleep_on
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol kfree
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol loops_per_sec
/lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol printk

Am I insane?

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:38:31 -0500 (EST)

> /lib/modules/2.1.131/misc/hal2.o: unresolved symbol printk

I'm full of shit, just ignore me an my complaints like this.

HAL now loads, and I get this:

SGI HAL2 Processor, Revision 4.1.0
hal2: checking registers
hal2: waiting isr:0018 idr0:0123 idr1:ffff idr2:0000 idr3:0000
hal2: finished waiting at cnt:1000 isr:0018 idr0:0123 idr1:ffff idr2:0000
idr3:0000
hal2: wrote #1
hal2: waiting isr:0018 idr0:0132 idr1:0231 idr2:0000 idr3:0000
hal2: finished waiting at cnt:1000 isr:0018 idr0:0132 idr1:0231 idr2:0000
idr3:0000
hal2: wrote #2
hal2: waiting isr:0018 idr0:0123 idr1:0231 idr2:0000 idr3:0000
hal2: finished waiting at cnt:1000 isr:0018 idr0:0123 idr1:0231 idr2:0000
idr3:0000
hal2: read #1
hal2: waiting isr:0018 idr0:0132 idr1:0231 idr2:0000 idr3:0000
hal2: finished waiting at cnt:1000 isr:0018 idr0:0132 idr1:0231 idr2:0000
idr3:0000
hal2: read #2
hal2: waiting isr:0018 idr0:0231 idr1:0231 idr2:0000 idr3:0000
hal2: finished waiting at cnt:1000 isr:0018 idr0:0231 idr1:0231 idr2:0000
idr3:0000
hal2: read #3
hal2: card found

Also, I've apparantly fixed graphics to build as a module and not blow up
everything. There's still some unresolved symbols, we'll fix those.

Are there any other SGI/Linux folk going to LinuxWorld Expo?

- Alex