Subject: Kernel Compile

From: Mike Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:07:07 -0500

What does the .config file look like these days for a successful compile?
Alex?  Thomas?

Which version of egcs is recommended?  Mine's still the one from hardhat
5.1.

Thanks,

Mike

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:09:13 +0100

> What does the .config file look like these days for a successful compile?

I've uploaded the .config, I've used for the vmlinux-indy-990212.gz. URL is:

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/test/vmlinux-indy-990212.config

> Which version of egcs is recommended?  Mine's still the one from hardhat

I'm still using a gcc-2.7.2.3 cross compiler.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]