Subject: glibc SRPM

From: Joan Eslinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 99 14:58:32 -0800

Hi. I'm trying to unpack one of the glibc SRPMS from HardHat and am
getting the error

  % rpm -i glibc-2.0.6.src.rpm
  unpacking of archive failed on file glibc-2.0.6.tar.gz: 1: Success
  error: glibc-2.0.6-3.src.rpm cannot be installed
 
I'm trying to run rpm on an Intel box running Linux, and maybe that's
the problem. Is there someone out there who can un-rpm a MIPS glibc SRPM
and point me at the resulting tar.gz file?

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:19:03 -0500 (EST)

>   error: glibc-2.0.6-3.src.rpm cannot be installed

Oh my god! That file must be corrupt on the CD! What kind of irresponsible
distribution would ever do that? :)

You can find a more modern version in:
ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com:/pub/linux/mips/test/glibc-2.0.6-6.src.rpm

- Alex

-- 
Alex deVries, puffin on LinuxNet.
I know exactly what I want in life.

---

From: Joan Eslinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 99 15:25:03 -0800

Thanks, that one works.