Subject: cross-compile glibc2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:15:13 +0900

I'm trying to compile glibc2.0.6 from SGI's ftp site
with egcs-1.0.2 as cross-compiler on Linux/Intel.

But I got following error messages on making shared lib stage.

Does any one suggest to me ?

Thank for your help.

M.Komiya

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc-sgi-2.0.6/db'
mipsel-linux-gcc -g  -shared -o /home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/db/libdb.so
-Wl,-dynamic-linker=/lib/mipsel-linuxld -B/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/csu/
-Wl,-soname=libdb.so.2   -L/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux
-L/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/elf
-L/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/nss
-Wl,-rpath-link=/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux:
/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/elf:
/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/nss
-Wl,--whole-archive /home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/db/libdb_pic.a
/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/interp.so
/home/mkomiya/src/GNU/glibc/mipsel-linux/libc.so -Wl,--no-whole-archive 
collect2: ld terminated with signal 6 [Aborted]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:40:09 +0100

> Does any one suggest to me ?

The ld core dump bug in binutils 2.8.1 has been fixed in newer releases
of which we didn't yet publish crosscompiler binaries, mostly because those
of use who use crosscompilers only use it to build the kernel and kernel
build aren't affected.  Whatever, the solution is to rip the patches from
a current binutils-2.8.1 srpm package from linus.linux.sgi.com somewhere
in /pub/linux/redhat/5.2/ and use them for rebuilding the cross-binutils.

  Ralf