Subject: FAQ

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:08:41 +0100

Hi,

I've just put my rewrite of the Linux/MIPS FAQ under CVS control on
linus.linux.sgi.com in the module FAQ.   I want to invite people to
contribute by proofreading, spellchecking and commenting.

The FAQ rewrite is using the Linux SGML-Tools package to generate
FAQ versions in various data formats.  When I find the time I'll
arrange that the websites will automatically be updated by the
most current version; but somebody else will want to do that?
(hint, hint)

  Ralf

---

From: Torbjorn Gannholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:23:53 +0100

> most current version; but somebody else will want to do that?

 There is a proofreading-group collected by the FSF. Mail requests to
[email-masked]. You will probably get lots of answers, so you might
need to organize the work so as to limit the mail volume.

--
/Torbjörn

This message is a personal message from Torbjörn Gannholm
and does not necessarily represent the opinion of my employer.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:16:53 +0100

> need to organize the work so as to limit the mail volume.

Thanks for the hint; Michael Hill has already sent me a 53kb patch which
is going into the CVS asap; I hope somebody else will reread and comment
the text once again.

  Ralf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:42:31 +0100

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 06:16:22PM +0100, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> An outdated linux-doc-sgml package has prevented me doing so, when updated
> I'll read it.

I'm using whatever RedHat 5.2's sgml-tools 1.0.7 but still observe some
problems.  There is for example a strange problem which prevents me from
generating GNU-info version.

> P.S. is cvs read-only possible at linus.linux.sgi.com? I've tried without
> succes getting a permission denied. Instead I've ftp'ed the cvs tree.

Yes, it's possible.  From the FAQ:

  4.2.  Anonymous CVS servers.

  For those who always want to stay on the bleeding edge and want to
  avoid having to download patch files or full tarballs we also have an
  anonymous CVS server.  Using CVS you can checkout the Linux/MIPS
  source tree with the following commands:

     cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/cvs login
     (Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password is "cvs")
     cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/cvs co <repository>

  where you insert linux, libc, or gdb for <repository>.

  Ralf