Subject: Debuggers?

From: Ben Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:04:55 -0800

I recently installed Linux on an Indy and was looking for GDB.  It's not
part of the hardhat install, and the source doesn't support the
mips-linux host.  I need to develop an application on the mips-linux
architecture is there any debuggers available?  I saw a mention of a
patch to GDB in the list archive.  Is this solution stable?  And where
can I get the latest GDB patch?

thanks in advance

----------------------------------------
Ben Payne
PropHead Development, Inc.
(760) 757-0900 x120
----------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:11:39 +0100

> can I get the latest GDB patch?

The GDB source is available via anonymous CVS from linus.linux.sgi.com.
It's not perfectly stable yet.

  Ralf

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:16:07 +0100

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 01:04:55PM -0800, Ben Payne wrote:
> architecture is there any debuggers available? 

just use gdb:-)

> I saw a mention of a patch to GDB in the list archive.  Is this solution 
> stable?  And where can I get the latest GDB patch?

I've build a SRPM for gdb, when I've compiled most of the RedHat 5.1
RPMS for little endian Linux/MIPS. You can find it on

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/mips/mipsel-linux/SRPMS/gdb-4.17-3.src.rpm

There is also a CVS repository of gdb von ftp.linux.sgi.com.

For me it's not always as stable as it should be. So there is still work
to do.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]