Subject: New Indy kernel uploaded

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:26:02 +0200

After killing a lot of SCSI bugs during the last weeks, I've made a new
kernel with all of the fixes in it. It also contains a workaround 
for the problem with hanging after "Freeing unused kernel memory".

Everyone, who had problems with older kernels, please test this kernel.

ftp://ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/test/vmlinux-indy-2.2.1-990329.gz

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]

---

From: Tom Woelfel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:43:16 +0200

> Everyone, who had problems with older kernels, please test this kernel.

Yep, done. Works without problems - Linux is up and running. How do
you solve the problems with the ECOFF/ELF thing ? Is there some kind
of backwards-compatibility ? 

Thanx a lot :-)))

If you need testing support for some more kernels simply drop a note.

//Tom

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:51:35 +0200

> of backwards-compatibility ? 

yes, every newer PROM is also able to boot ECOFF kernels. So I just
uploaded an ECOFF kernel, which should work with every PROM.

Thomas.