Subject: SGI Console

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:30:35 +0200

Hi,

I've fixed the configure scripts now. It's not possible to compile in fbcon
support anylonger, so that the logo stuff becomes redefined. I move the newport
console to the console drivers section instead..

I also made it possible to compile a kernel without newport console support.
What I wonder is: What should happen when you don't select "y" here? As it is
now nothing takes over the console, it justs remain in the state the prom left
it.

Is this what we want, or do we want to use some other console when we don't use
newport console?

- Ulf

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:39:03 +0200

> now nothing takes over the console, it justs remain in the state the prom left

there is also the chance someone has only a serial console (Challenge S).

> Is this what we want, or do we want to use some other console when we don't
> use newport console?

If someone doesn't configure newport nor serial console, it's his fault.
So just leave it as it is, not need for anything automatic.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]