Subject: 320 Linux problem

From: Victor Kuhns <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:08:12 -0500

Hi Group,

I dont think I've seen many people write questions about the 320 here? 
How many people have one?

I have red hat loaded up on a second disk, followed the instructions,
got the newest and greatest kernal, but cant get the system completely
up and running.  When prom loads up ext2load.exe on my floppy disk, it
sees the kernal on the Hard drive, starts to load up but stops right
after the parition check line and says:

VFS: Cannot open root device 9a:e6
Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 9a:e6
USB-HUBM: Ran out of hub queuing slots [with 5]
USB-HUBM: Ran out of hub queuing slots [with 5]
USB-HUBM: Ran out of hub queuing slots [with 5]
USB-HUBM: Ran out of hub queuing slots [with 5]
USB-HUBM: Ran out of hub queuing slots [with 5]

What did I do wrong?  If I put the disk back in my ol pc it gets a
"Unable to mount root on fs..." error too.  It worked before, so I dont
understand what happened.

Can anybody help out?

Regards,
Victor