Subject: Re: ALSA compile error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 12:33:38 +0200

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 08:26:48AM -0800, John van V. wrote:

> I am very interested in Linux on the MIPs platform.  To keep this short, I
> would be grateful if there are any archives, or documents available other
> than the linux.org stuff.  I have a rather steep learning curve ahead of
> me since I am basically a LI/UNIX admin specializing in PERL/CGI
> configuration and analysis systems.

There will soon be more than the Linux.org stuff.  The rewrite of the FAQ /
HOWTO is now also being spread over the usual channels and I'll send you
and ASCII version in private email.  As long as you do not intend to do
kernel hacking your learning curve will be reasonably flat except of the
still somewhat ``adventuruous'' installation.

> I would also be very grateful for links/leads covering the crossover
> between LINUX and the gaming systems, from both the technical and
> legal/political perspectives.

Try the Linux community's tabloid slashdot.org; they regularly have postings
covering this topic.  Aside, Altavista is your friend.

  Ralf