Subject: Bott vmlinux trouble (

From: "Roald Lygre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:35:03 +0000

I'm havind the problem described i January by Chad Carlin :

 sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3 sdb4
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 169.238.83.43
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
portmap: server 169.238.83.43 not responding, timed out
Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 169.238.83.43
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
portmap: server 169.238.83.43 not responding, timed out
Root-NFS: Unable to get mountd port number from server, using default
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
RPC: sendmsg returned error 128
mount: server 169.238.83.43 not responding, timed out
Root-NFS: Server returned error -5 while mounting /tftpboot/
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device 02:00
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 02:00

My system is a R4600 100Mhz.

It is not clear from the mailing list archive how/where to get a kernel that
works in this case?

-Roald

-- 
    
---------------------------------------------------------------
| Company: SGI Norge A/S                                      |
| Email:   [email-masked]          Tlf:          +47 5184 3633 |
| Addr:    St Olavsgt 9           Mobil:        +47 909 33 903|
|          N-4004 Stavanger       VMail (SGI):  870-4679      |
|          NORWAY                 VMail(ext):   67114679      |
|                                                             |
| SGI Norway's WWW Home Page: http://www.sgi.no               |
---------------------------------------------------------------