Subject: parallel Port

From: Matthias Kleinschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 16:50:20 -0400

Hi,

is there any progress with the parallel port driver?
If not maybe I could try.
I never wrote a driver before but if it is really as simple as Thomas said
it might be a good project to start with. 

Matthias

-- 
Matthias Kleinschmidt
Cedar Dell 568B, Box 5398
UMass Dartmouth
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
email: [email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:30:58 +0200

> is there any progress with the parallel port driver?

sorry, I tried to get out the necessary bits from Irix header files and
the small documentation about the parallel port. I couldn't find out
whether it's possible to use the parallel port in PIO mode.

> it might be a good project to start with. 

If you could run the parallel port in PIO mode, it's pretty straight
forward. But if this isn't possible, you need to do DMA, which is much
more work.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]