Subject: Volunteer!

From: "Andrew Linfoot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 00:44:34 +0100

Hi,

First i'd like to thank you all for the effort you have a made in producing
the sgi/Linux port, I know there's still a lot to be done but well done!

Now I have a box running maybe I can help by porting some of the userland
rpms? I have managed to get the development tools installed and can now
build a kernel from the 2.2.1 sources

I have been around Linux since Linus released the first kernel around '91,
so I am comfortable building the kernel and other sources.

It's been a while since I did any serious coding so suggestions on some
simple/small ports would be welcome. I have a full copy of the RH 5.2
sources and could make a start on those.

I know this is a regular question but what's the latest with the X Server? I
am more than willing to test code if anyone would like me do do so.

I have compiled my current kernel with efs support but mount does not want
to play! I'm running 2.7l of mount, do i need a newer version?

Cheers,
Andy