Subject: Re: Indigo2 port status?

From: Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 18:48:16 +0000

Charles Lepple wrote:

> Ok, so does anyone know what happened to the Indigo2 porting project? I
> tried to get in touch with someone at UAB but to no avail.
>
> Sorry to bother the rest of you...
>
> --
> Charles Lepple
> System Administrator, Virginia Tech EE Workstation Labs
> [email-masked] || http://www.foo.tho.org/charles/

I don't know what's going on with UAB - but I just started working on a
port to the Indigo2 this April after receiving some hardware specs.
Needless to say with school and work, progress is a tad bit slow.
Hopefully, once finals are behind me - I can focus more energy on the
task.

Alan Hoyt

---

From: Alex deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 17:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

> port to the Indigo2 this April after receiving some hardware specs.

Where'd you receive hardware specs from?

- Alex

---

From: Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 23:04:28 +0000

>From Ariel Faigon - who was kind enough to provide detailed specs. for the
Indy.  Bill Earl stated that the two systems [indy and indigo2] were very
similar but that he has not had the time to locate any additional
documentation (where Indigo2 differs from Indy).  Sorry for the ambiguity.

 - Alan Hoyt -

---

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 21:03:38 -0500 (CDT)

> Hopefully, once finals are behind me - I can focus more energy on the

Well, here at UAB, I have an Indigo2 booting the kernel, mounting root
over NFS, and crashing.  All this is done with very few changes to the
source.  I am putting together a set of patches currently.  I'll post here
when they are ready.  I don't have submit access to the CVS tree so I
won't be able to put them there.  I would like some people to make sure
the patches don't break the Indy ;)  

Also, what is a good way of getting the boot messages to print via the
prom commands?  Currently I have a hacked up printk to do this, but would
like something cleaner.  Would it be feasible to write a prom console?  It
might make it easier to work on boxes without any sort of graphics support
available yet...

-Andrew