Subject: Kernel Build Problem

From: "Andrew Linfoot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:44:40 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to build the 2.2.1 kernel with sound support enabled and i get
the following warnings:

sound_firmware.c: In function `do_mod_firmware_load':
sound_firmware.c:23: warning: implicit declaration of function `lseek'
sound_firmware.c:38: warning: implicit declaration of function `read'

and then during the final link:

drivers/sound/sound.a(sound_firmware.o): In function `do_mod_firmware_load':
sound_firmware.c(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `lseek'
sound_firmware.c(.text+0x84): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 lseek
sound_firmware.c(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `lseek'
sound_firmware.c(.text+0xc4): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 lseek
sound_firmware.c(.text+0xfc): undefined reference to `read'
sound_firmware.c(.text+0xfc): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 read
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I can compile OK with/without modules and sound disabled.

Is this fixed in the 2.2.9 kernel and if so will an archive of 2.2.9 be made
available on linus? (I don't have CVS access from my development box at the
moment).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Andrew Linfoot
Tel: +44 (0)114 265 0251
Mobile: +44 (0)7974 299 545