Subject: Linux process scheduler

From: Wayne Vieira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:15:43 -0600

Are there any other schedulers (fairshare, gang, etc.) available for
linux, other than the standard sched.c that comes with the kernel?  IHAC
who is asking about the availability of Fairshare.  If its not
available, what is?

Thanks,
Wayne

---

From: Andy Isaacson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:23:10 -0400

> who is asking about the availability of Fairshare.  If its not

There's not much out there as far as production-level stuff.  There's
a fair number of research-type projects out there.  For a class, I and
another student did the work available at
http://pirx.candyland.cx/~adisaacs/cs520/lottery.patch.txt

It's not actually usable in a production context (I don't use it, for
example) but it's a reasonable proof of concept.  I'd be glad to
answer any questions... I might even be able to dig up some of our
documentation if there's demand.

(BTW, I just started at SGI Eagan this week.)

-andy
-- 
Andy Isaacson [email-masked] [email-masked]  Fight Spam, join CAUCE:
http://web.mr-happy.com/~adisaacs/               http://www.cauce.org/