Subject: CVS Woes

From: "Andrew Linfoot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:22:21 +0100

Hi All,

My situation:

DEC Alpha running NT and Internal modem
samba share on my indy source tree

I can connect to cvs@linus and do a cvs update. The problem is that samba or
cvs appears to be converting the files to the DOS CR/LF format! and then
everything breaks horribly.

How can i get around this?

Anyone got a script or something that will strip this crap out!

Andy

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:06:12 +0200

> How can i get around this?

What CVS is doing is correct, it converts the files into what the local
system - the NT system - is using.
As a workaround try the keyword expansion mode -kb when checking out.
That will give you the original context of the server which happens to be
just right for your Indy.

> Anyone got a script or something that will strip this crap out!

Use find(1) and tr(1).  Or recode ...

  Ralf