Subject: glibc & phreads

From: [email-masked] (Youssef Benyahia)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:17:23 +0200 (MDT)

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile a threaded program on my LindyX and I ran in the
following known bug :

30-[diags](~/test) > cc -o thread thread.c -D_REENTRANT -lpthread
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_accept'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_send'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_recvfrom'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_recvmsg'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_sendmsg'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_recv'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_sendto'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so: undefined reference to `__libc_connect'

Looks like the answer would be to have "more recent libc versions as you have
installed." [Ralf, 10 Feb 1999]. But no way to get a hand on the desired
rpm/binary/source  on ftp.linux.sgi.com.

Is there a sgi-linux thread-ok glibc somewhere ?

What would be the sgi-linux thread-ok glibc version ?

Thanks in advance,

Y.

PS: Great porting job ! Cool to see an Indy running something else than Irix.

cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R4600 V1.0
system type             : SGI Indy
BogoMIPS                : 99.94
byteorder               : big endian
unaligned accesses      : 0
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : no
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : no
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Youssef Benyahia         		eMail : [email-masked] 
EMC ME Engineer 			Tel   : (++41 32) 843 37 59
SGI					vMail : 476-3759
-------------------------------------------------------------------