Subject: CVS

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:55:23 +0200

I've just commited Linux 2.2.8 into the CVS archive.  Once this is
finished I'll create a branch named linux_2_2 for the 2.2 development
in the archive.  If you just do ``cvs update'' you'll stay on the
mainline of the development, that is 2.3.  If you want to work with
the 2.2 sources then you'll have to add the option ``-r linux_2_2''
to your next cvs update or cvs co command.

I'm already running 2.2.9 and 2.3.1 on my Indy but the checkin is that
slow that I won't commit these versions into the CVS archive now.

  Ralf

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:31:40 +0200

> slow that I won't commit these versions into the CVS archive now.

I would appreciate if it was possible to continue using 32 bit code on the Indy,
even if you add 64 bit code. Maybe we can add it as an option in the kernel
configuration scripts?

- Ulf

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:10:13 +0200

> even if you add 64 bit code. Maybe we can add it as an option in the kernel

I'll implement MIPS64 as a new architecture just like sparc64 is different
from sparc.  The changes are too big and I finally want to use the
freedem to use all the tricks in the box.  It also means that we'll have
some more of a maintenance pain for the common code for mips and mips64.

  Ralf