Subject: Indigo2 status?

From: Bill Bradford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:04:28 -0500

Has there been any progress on the Indigo2 port?

Bill

-- 
Bill Bradford * [email-masked] * http://www.sunhelp.org
------------------------------------------------------------
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

---

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 13:56:50 -0500 (CDT)

> Has there been any progress on the Indigo2 port?

The CVS tree now has support for it.  Most recently, support for the
second SCSI controller has been added.  Graphics support is still
non-existent.  (Use a serial console for initial setup.)  

-Andrew

---

From: Stefan Mars <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:12:33 +0200 (MET DST)

> non-existent.  (Use a serial console for initial setup.)  

Actually, how much work is involved in porting to another sgi machine?

/Stefan
[email-masked]

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:24:36 -0400

> non-existent.  (Use a serial console for initial setup.)  

Has anyone taken up the indigo2 /dev/fb project?

I've got an indigo2 extreme here and I'll be itching to start playing with
it (both the 2d and 3d) as soon as I get a second drive and drive
enclosure...but probably won't be much more than weekend tinkering.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Network Mercenary			you'll just have to do it again."
							-- Jack T. Hankins