Subject: where's dhcp_bootp?

From: "Ivan Leong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:38:24 +0800

i've two indies and right in the midst of getting
linux on it off the net.

both indies are on irix 5.3 and it's bootp
doesn't work correctly. i believe a dhcp_bootp
is needed but where can i find such a beast?

cc reply to [email-masked] appreciated.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 01:34:01 +0200

> is needed but where can i find such a beast?

IRIX bootp definately works, it unfortunately just has a different
configfile from Linux's bootp.

The bootp daemon usually used with Linux build and works just perfect
under IRIX (6.5 in my case), so just rip of the sources from some
Linux distribution.  I uses RH 6.0 in my case, btw.

  Ralf

---

From: Charles Lepple <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:06:26 -0400

> configfile from Linux's bootp.

One thing that can bite you is that many bootp daemons give no
indication of truncated replies (ie, your parameters don't fit into one
packet). Use a sniffer-- I've solved a number of problems by just not
sending as much.

--Charles Lepple
[email-masked]