Subject: Indigo2 status?

From: Bill Bradford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:35:36 -0500

Has anyone heard anything about the status of SGI Linux on an Indigo2?
I've got this box here with 128mb and Extreme graphics, and am wishing
I could fire up Linux on it....

-- 
Bill Bradford * [email-masked] * http://www.sunhelp.org
------------------------------------------------------------
>From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
"Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

---

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:35:57 -0500 (CDT)

> I could fire up Linux on it....

Well, you won't be able to use your graphics card yet, but you can still
get it up and running.  Set yourself up with a serial console, and follow
the installation instructions on http://www.linux.sgi.com/ and off you go.
You'll probably want to build your own kernel from the CVS arvhive, as it
will have more recent changes.  Support for the (E)ISA bus should be
coming along sometime this week.

-Andrew