Subject: About the error of building egcs cross-compiler for mips

From: simba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:49:48 +0900

Hello!

Now I have some fatal error in building cross-compiler for MIPS using egcs-  
1.1.2.

My host linux is the redhat 5.0 running on the i586 machine.
I used egcs-1.1.2 from cygnus ftp and configure instruction is
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mips --with-newlib --target=mips-linux
$ make ALL_TARGET_MODULES= LANGUAGES=c.

The message of the error is following
---------------------------------------------------
rm -f tmplibgcc2.a
for name in _muldi3 _divdi3 _moddi3 _udivdi3 _umoddi3 _negdi2 _lshrdi3 
_ashldi3 _ashrdi3 _ffsdi2 _udiv_w_sdiv _udivmoddi4 _cmpdi2 _ucmpdi2 
_floatdidf _floatdisf _fixunsdfsi _fixunssfsi _fixunsdfdi _fixdfdi 
_fixunssfdi _fixsfdi _fixxfdi _fixunsxfdi _floatdixf _fixunsxfsi _fixtfdi 
_fixunstfdi _floatditf __gcc_bcmp _varargs __dummy _eprintf _bb _shtab 
_clear_cache _trampoline __main _exit _ctors _pure; \
do \
  echo ${name}; \
  /usr/src/mipsbuild/egcs-1.1.2/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/mipsbuild/egcs-  
1.1.2/gcc/ -O2 -I/usr/include -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -  
I./include   -g1  -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc  -I. 
-I. -I./config -c -DL${name} \
      ./libgcc2.c -o ${name}.o; \
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
  mips-linux-ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o; \
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_muldi3
xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `mips-tfile': No such file or 
directory
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mipsbuild/egcs-1.1.2/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
[simba@elinux egcs-1.1.2]$
[simba@elinux egcs-1.1.2]$
----------------------------------------

What's mips-tfile?
I'm waiting your help!