Subject: Ooops

From: Rory Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:34:09 +0100

Hi all,

1. I didn't mean to sound as if I were advocating one over the other,
sorry
   about that (though given half a chance...).

2. Ta for the install advice, should help loads.

3. The whole debacle with the O2 is dodgy from start to finish, it
wasn't
   bought new, but rather at auction after a software comapny went bust.
   Consequently, we have no backup copies of anything >:)). There's the
   possibility that we might buy a dist. of 6.5.5, though it's pretty
steep.
   Mind you, if there genuinely is a stand alone installer, I should be
   able to get the box back in reasonable shape. Having said that, since
it's
   a second hand box, it'd be nice to do a fresh install, whereby I know
that
   everything is as it should be.

4. At the risk of offending others (for which I apologise), my personal
belief
   is that having /bin as a symbolic link is beyond contempt, IMHO. Ah
well,
   I suppose I'll just have to fix it and like it.

Cheers,

Rory Hunter

BTW, anyone have any experience with the Enlightenment SGI install? i.e.
does
it actually work? >:))