Subject: Re: CVS 2.3.10 + framebuffer + keyboard, DS5000/200

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 01:54:11 +0200

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 08:09:02PM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:

> hi,
> 	I've just gotten CVS 2.3.10 and started applying the patches for
> fb support and keyboard and it compiles fine, but it hangs at some stage
> during the bootup sequence... it gets as far as Initializing random number
> generator usually, when booting with init=/bin/bash it hung after I did a
> few cd's around, no response no oops... a reset shows the PC in a function
> but this is different after each crash ...
> 
> So what changes did 2.3.10 make to break stuff ??
> 
> back to 2.3.9 I think for development work ..

2.3.10 is working on the Indy.  I suppose the problem you're observing has
hit me on the Indy when I upgraded it to 2.3.11.  I've traced it to some
inconsistence between the page tables in memory and the TLB which
results in recursive page faults which lockup the process in do_pagefault()
in fault.c.  Really hard to trace and hits both MIPS32 and MIPS64 ...

  Ralf