Subject: Challenge "S"

From: Mark Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:01:39 -0600 (CST)

Well, last I know, Linux/SGI isn't supposed to run on Challenge "S"
machines.  Is that true?  Anyway, I've got one that a customer has lent
me (it has a bad hard drive, but I'm going to get a new 2 gig to put in
there) and I was wondering if there was anything I could do (as far as
giving out accounts on it if/when I get Linux or IRIX on it) in order to
help the Linux/SGI effort.  Thanks!

Mark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Spencer, President                 Free and Commercial Linux Support
Linux Support Services, LLC             On the web or on the phone
923 Stage Road Suite F
Auburn, AL  36830                       http://www.linux-support.net
(334) 887-1042                          [email-masked]
                                        Toll free:  (877) LINUX-ME

---

From: Joan Eslinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 99 13:29:04 -0800

Linux runs on a Challenge S, you just can't use the mezzanine peripheral
cards yet.