Subject: Problems with glibc RPM

From: Khaled Labib <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:20:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I downloaded glibc-2.0.6-4.src.rpm and glibc-2.0.6-3.src.rpm from 
ftp.linux.sgi.com.

When I tried to use the rpm tool to install them, I got the following error 
message:

unpacking of archive failed on file glibc-2.0.6.tar.gz: cpio: read failed - 
Success

Can someone help ? I really need these sources from the rpm.

I am using RedHat Linux 6.0 on a PC.

Thank you for your help.

Khaled

---

From: Tim Hockin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 15:59:56 -0800

> I am using RedHat Linux 6.0 on a PC.

might you have a) run out of disk space?  b) retrieved teh file in ASCII
(as opposed to BIN) mode?

I'd guess 'a'

-- 
Tim Hockin
Software Engineer / OS Engineer
Cobalt Networks
[email-masked]