Subject: RE: Indy ISDN on linux?

From: "Jakma, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:43:11 -0000

> Thomas Bogendörfer has implemented the full ISDN support for 
> the IP22.  The
> bad news is that his job keeps him to busy to add some 
> finishing touches
> and contribute the code back.
> 
>   Ralf
> 

Great..

I assume his work will be rolled into isdn4linux? Would anyone know of a
timeframe?

ta,

Paul Jakma.

(hoping to avoid having to buy an ISDN TA)

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:35:39 +0100

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 01:43:11PM -0000, Jakma, Paul wrote:
> > the IP22.  The bad news is that his job keeps him to busy to add some 
> > finishing touches and contribute the code back.

thanks Ralf for answering.

> I assume his work will be rolled into isdn4linux? Would anyone know of a

my plan is to integrate my changes into isdn4linux. My current patches
are based on an older isdn4linux version, so I have figure out, what I
need to update and see how a clean integration will be possible (the
Indy ISDN hardware is based on the "normal" Siemens ISDN chips, which could
be found on many cheap ISDN cards. But unlike PC boards it uses two interrupts
instead of one, which makes integration a little bit hairy).

At the moment I don´t have a clue, when I'll find time to even bring up 
my Linux Indy kernel to the current version. I could generate a diff file,
if you want to see, what needs to be done.

Thomas.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:08:50 -0200

> if you want to see, what needs to be done.

I won't be able to do this as I only have POTS, not ISDN at home and anyway
the other works that I have to do is going slower than expected :-(

Could the two ISDN interrupts be just combined into a single one thereby
hiding the Indy special features completly from the ISDN code?

  Ralf

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:36:35 +0100

> hiding the Indy special features completly from the ISDN code?

sure, but I don't think this kludge will be necessary. Since all of the PC
boards differ from each other, there is already a custom setup routine
which deals with these differences. I'm already using it, but I still
needed to change common code. I've already talked to Karsten Keil
(isdn4linux Maintainer) about that issue, and I'm sure is solvable.

Thomas.

---

From: "William J. Earl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:42:41 -0800 (PST)

Ralf Baechle writes:
...
 > hiding the Indy special features completly from the ISDN code?

     That ought to be possible, at the very least by tieing the enable
and disable of the ISDN interrupts together.