Subject: C/Assembler question

From: Jeff Harrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:23:13 -0700

I seem to be having problems with the compiler in getting a  c/assembly
listing.  I have tried a couple sets of the tools and seem to be
getting the same error with both sets.  Is my syntax correct on the line
below?  Its the -Wa,-a=pc_keyb.lst that seems to cause the
problem.

mips-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/jharrell/work/mips_linux/include -g
-Wa,-a=pc_keyb.lst -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-a -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer  -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4600 -mips3
-pipe   -c -o pc_keyb.o pc_keyb.c

This is the error that I get when I attempt it:

pc_keyb.c: In function `kb_wait':
pc_keyb.c:103: warning: unused variable `status'
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:565: Fatal error: Symbol kb_wait already defined.

Is there a formatting problem with this command?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Harrell                    Work:  (801) 619-6104
Broadband Access group/TI
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:41:39 +0100

> Is there a formatting problem with this command?  Any help would be

This is weird.  You pass an extra option to the assembler and the
compiler begins to spit errors?  Try adding -v as well and check gcc
actually passes down to cpp / cc1 / as, maybe that explains things.

  Ralf