Subject: Debian mipsel?

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:14:23 +0100 (CET)

Anyone who knows whether Debian for mipsel is already usable? Or is the MIPS
port of Debian meant for big endian SGI boxes only?

If not, I'll have to say goodbye to apt-get and install a RH-based distro...

Thx!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 01:07:34 +0100

> port of Debian meant for big endian SGI boxes only?

No it isnt ... There are a couple of packages at 

ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian/debian/dists/potato

Martin Schulze has put together a base tgz as a root filesystem.

> If not, I'll have to say goodbye to apt-get and install a RH-based distro...

Hihi ... apt-get works but there are not many packages to install yet ....

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5241-470566
"Technology is a constand battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."