Subject: Unimplemented exception

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:39:40 -0800

I get

| Unimplemented exception for insn 4620a0a4 at 0x0046f084 in install-info.

in my kernel messages, using 2.3.21 from cvs last week.

BTW, is it normal that 2.3.22 (from cvs today) doesn't work? I get tons of

| kmem_alloc: Bad slab magic (corrupt) (name=dentry_cache)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ----------------- Sony Suprastructure Center Europe (SUPC-E)
[email-masked] ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248632 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium

---

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:59:40 -0600 (CST)

> in my kernel messages, using 2.3.21 from cvs last week.

That message is from the floating point exception handler.  It looks like
the instruction is a CVT.W.S (convert to single fixed from single float).
This will require full floating point support from the kernel to handle
properly.  I have done some work on floating point support, but this is
not an instruction I have implemented yet.

-Andrew