Subject: SGI Prom Console

From: Vince Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:51:14 -0500 (EST)

I was trying to get the PROM console working so I wouldn't have to use
the hacked-together serial cord and a separate box to run SGI-linux on the
indigo2 [because I somehow doubt a GU1-EXTREME driver will suddenly
materialize].

In any case first I had to move CONFIG_SGI_PROM_CONSOLE in
./arch/mips/Config.in .... for some reason it was only given as an option
if you said you had a DECstation.

I finally got it so it would be compiled and linked into the kernel,
and for its symbols to show up in System.map, but I
can't figure out how to get it to output to the screen of the INDIGO2.  I
can read /dev/tty0 and get keyboard input to show up, but nothing
shows up if I do a cat > /dev/tty0.

Does anyone know exactly how to get it to work?

Thanks,
Vince

____________
\  /\  /\  /  Vince Weaver          
 \/__\/__\/   [email-masked]     http://www.glue.umd.edu/~weave