Subject: updating /dev/graphics

From: James A Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:15:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi!
   
  I heard that a linux kernel was being ported to new SGI hardware. I was
wondering where do can you get a hold of this code. I like to take a peek
at it. Also I was working with someone to rewrite the linux /dev/graphics
device driver. Could someone point me to where info is on the programming
interface is for this driver so I can properly implement it. Thank you.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:57:11 +0100

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 11:15:34AM -0500, James A Simmons wrote:

>   I heard that a linux kernel was being ported to new SGI hardware.

New hardware means the curent Origin 200 / Origin 2000 / Onyx 2 series
rsp. their successors.

> I was wondering where do can you get a hold of this code. I like to take
> a peek at it.

Get it from the CVS archive on oss.sgi.com.

  Ralf