Subject: C/Assembler listing files

From: Jeff Harrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 15:36:03 -0700

Has anyone tried to generate an interleaved C and Assembler listing file
with
the MIPS cross compilation tools?  I tried to pass the following flags
to gcc
(and the assembler):

-Wa,-ahl=file.txt

I get the following errors:
--------------------------------------------------------
mips-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/jharrell/work/mips_linux/include
-Wall -g -Wa,-alh=signal.lst  -Wstrict-prototypes -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer  -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4600 -mips3
-pipe   -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c signal.c
signal.c: In function `dequeue_signal':
signal.c:106: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
signal.c:107: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:541: Fatal error: Symbol signals_init already defined.
signal.c: In function `sys_rt_sigprocmask':
signal.c:698: output pipe has been closed
cpp: output pipe has been closed

---------------------------------------------------------------

If I remove the  "-Wa,-ahl=file.txt" the kernel compiles with no
errors.  I attempt a
similar type of command on the x386 version of gcc and it seems to
work.  Is this a
command that is not supported on the MIPS cross-compilation tools?  Any
information
on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Harrell

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Harrell                    Work:  (801) 619-6104
Broadband Access group/TI
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:43:53 +0100

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 03:36:03PM -0700, Jeff Harrell wrote:

> with the MIPS cross compilation tools?  I tried to pass the following flags
> to gcc
> (and the assembler):

I just tried this on my current version of the x-tools and it seemed
to work.  There is a number of other problems, mostly that 32-bit
static linking of PIC code is broken and then infinite 64-bit problems
which prevent me from making a real release and declaring them to be
``the'' official versions.  If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and
get the stuff from oss.sgi.com:/pub/linux/mips/crossdev/testing/.

  Ralf