Subject: oss.sgi.com CVS kernel doesn compile for DEC

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:22:50 +0100

Just a small note - probably most of the people already stumbled on this.

ar  rcs lib.a  csum_partial.o csum_partial_copy.o floppy-std.o floppy-no.o ide-std.o ide-no.o kbd-std.o kbd-no.o rtc-std.o rtc-no.o memcpy.o memset.o strlen_user.o strncpy_user.o strnlen_user.o watch.o dump_tlb.o 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/kernel/linux/arch/mips/lib'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/kernel/linux/arch/mips/lib'
ld -static -G 0 -T arch/mips/ld.script.little -Ttext 0x80040000 arch/mips/kernel/head.o arch/mips/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o \
        --start-group \
        arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o arch/mips/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o arch/mips/dec/dec.o \
        net/network.a \
        drivers/block/block.a drivers/char/char.o drivers/misc/misc.o drivers/net/net.o drivers/parport/parport.a drivers/scsi/scsi.a drivers/cdrom/cdrom.a drivers/video/video.o drivers/tc/tc.a \
        arch/mips/lib/lib.a /data/kernel/linux/lib/lib.a arch/mips/dec/prom/rexlib.a \
        --end-group \
        -o vmlinux
drivers/char/char.o: In function `setkeycode':
keyboard.c(.text+0x848c): undefined reference to `pckbd_setkeycode'
keyboard.c(.text+0x848c): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_setkeycode
drivers/char/char.o: In function `getkeycode':
keyboard.c(.text+0x84a8): undefined reference to `pckbd_getkeycode'
keyboard.c(.text+0x84a8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_getkeycode
drivers/char/char.o: In function `handle_scancode':
keyboard.c(.text+0x85c8): undefined reference to `pckbd_translate'
keyboard.c(.text+0x85c8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_translate
keyboard.c(.text+0x8634): undefined reference to `pckbd_unexpected_up'
keyboard.c(.text+0x8634): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_unexpected_up
drivers/char/char.o: In function `kbd_bh':
keyboard.c(.text+0x9ab0): undefined reference to `pckbd_leds'
keyboard.c(.text+0x9ab0): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_leds
drivers/char/char.o: In function `misc_register':
misc.c(.text.init+0x910): undefined reference to `pckbd_init_hw'
misc.c(.text.init+0x910): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 pckbd_init_hw
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

(root@193)/data/kernel/linux# egrep -i "KEY|KBD" .config
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD is not set

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5241-470566
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."