Subject: Re: Linux on O2?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:05:15 -0800

I subscribed to this list a minute ago because I am a Linux enthousiast
and can get hold of used O2's for little money. I just read the mail
archive for this month and was happy to see that although Linux for O2 is
not there yet, there is a lot of talk about it.

A newbie-question: how different is an O2 with R5000 processor from an
Indy? Maybe graphics is different, but can't the Linux Indy port be made
to run on an O2 of this sort at all?

Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> Well, if someone is willing to ship me an O2 I'll see what I can do :-)

The O2's I can get hold of, if I am well informed, come with an R5000
processor, 128MB RAM, 2GB SCSI, soundcard, keyboard and 21" Monitor for
5000 NOK (that's about 1250 DEM or 625 USD!). Though I live in Norway I
visit Germany from time to time and transport is therefore a lesser
problem.

Bastiaan.

---

From: James Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:39:37 -0500 (EST)

> visit Germany from time to time and transport is therefore a lesser

WoW!!! Can I get one for this price? 

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 02:56:00 +0100

> to run on an O2 of this sort at all?

It's very different but the port should yet be reasonably easy.

  Ralf