Subject: About X server...

From: Carlos Ernesto López Natarén <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 12:13:25 -0600

Hi!
I just wanted to know if there is a X server working on
linux, because I want to install it on an Indy, but I
really need X working... 
the Hard Hat homepage has not much info about it...
Thanks a lot
natorro

---

From: James A Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:37:52 -0500 (EST)

>From what I seen the best thing to do is run the native Xsgi X server
under linux. I have seen a patched XFree86 X server in CVS. Its uses the
/dev/graphics interface native to IRIX. 

"Look its a text editor, no its a OS, no its Emacs"
James Simmons                                                      (o_
fbdev/gfx developer                                      (o_  (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                              (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net