Subject: Indy probs

From: "Enrico Canardi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:22:23 PST

Hi all

I managed to get the first install screen un my Indy R4600.
(hardhat 5.1).
When it asks me which disk is going to be used (i have two disks, the second 
one empty and partitioned as described in the README file) and I answer 
/dev/sdc it crashes (also if i select /dev/sda !).

Whi???????

Thanks Enrico
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Gabriel Nava Vazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:32:11 -0600 (CST)

Hello

i had a similar problem, i just disconnected one disk, (the one who
caused the crash) and i could install hard hat.

But i have now other problem, i boot via bootp():/vmlinux root=/dev/sda1
and the system hangs with the message:

can't open an initial consolo

what can i do?

thanks

Gabriel Nava
Instituto Tecnologico de Morelia