Subject: Re: R39xx and Processor IDs (was Re: FP emulation patch available)

From: Warner Losh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:35:14 -0700

In message <[email-masked]> Hiroo HAYASHI writes:
: I've checked this issue in Toshiba.  As far as I could know, Toshiba
: is using PrIDs which are assigned through the agreement between MIPS
: Technology and Toshiba.  I hope that the R4650 value in the source
: code is in error, too.

The R4650 from IDT is definitely documented as having a PrID of 0x22
in at least two docuements that I have in my posession.  I have a
R4650, but no software that I can easily boot to check it out for
sure.

: BTW Toshiba is also working for Linux on MIPS.  Porting to TX3912,
: TX3922, and TX4955 is done on our reference boards.  We made a contact
: with Ralf and asked him how to contribute our code.  Our engneer is
: now cleaning up code and I hope he will release it in these months.

Cool.  What's a TX4955?  I haven't heard about that one.c

Warner

---

From: "William J. Earl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:36:56 -0800 (PST)

> R4650, but no software that I can easily boot to check it out for

      I have had the R4650 as 0x22 for quite a few years.  It was my 
understanding that QED had all of the 0x2?  numbers, but at least
0x20..0x23 and 0x28.