Subject: problem with most recent 2.3 CVS kernel

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:05:07 -0600 (CST)

Everything goes well until just after the SCSI disk detection.  Then I
get:

scsi : detected 2 SCSI disks total.                                             
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=160, scaling              
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=128, scaling              
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=96, scaling               
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=80, scaling               
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=64, scaling               
scsi::resize_dma_pool: WARNING, dma_sectors=0, wanted=48, scaling               
      WARNING, not enough memory, pool not expanded
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc ==
880a4
Oops in fault.c:do_page_fault, line 153:                                        
$0 : 00000000 881100e0 00000000 00000021                                        
$4 : 00000019 00000008 00000008 00000001                                        
$8 : 1004fc00 1000001f 00000003 88631e54                                        
$12: 00000000 0000000a 00000000 88115840                                        
$16: 00000000 bfbc0003 00000008 00000001                                        
$20: 00000080 00000049 0000003a 1004fc00                                        
$24: 00000020 bfbd9833                                                          
$28: 88008000 88009e08 88635800 880a7714                                        
epc   : 880a77a4

Any hints on this one?

-Andrew

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:14:27 +0100 (MET)

> $0 : 00000000 881100e0 00000000 00000021

I see the `Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000',
caused by `Oops in fault.c:do_page_fault, line 153' also. It seems to happen at
random places.

I once tried the additional NOPs in the R5000 exception handler, but that
didn't make a difference.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)
[email-masked] ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248638 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium