Subject: indigo2 problems - resume

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:27:55 +0200

Hi,
after trying at least 20 different kernels (Selfmade and binary images)
i must say "Fu!&%!§!" - Basically its broken - The complete console thing
is a bug with SGI_IP22 - If i get the kernel to boot until it mounts the
nfs-root the console disappears (2.3.21 with serial console and 2.3.21
with prom console - cvs checkout -D 20000114) - Current CVS doesnt even
boot until then. If i repair the prom console (Serial console doesnt
work either) the kernel stops after "On node 0 totalpages: 65413" -
Might the mm things be broken ? This looks really like NUMA issues Ralf
is working on - Might this have broken the mips things ?

Does anyone have an idea WHY the console disappears when going single user ?
I see that the machine continues booting (strace on nfsd) - I tried
nearly everything as "/dev/console"
Major 5 minor 1 (serial-console howto), major 4 minor 64, link to ttyS0 - 
Nothing ...

So currently i would say the SGI_IP22 mips things are unusable.

Very frustrated

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5241-470566
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."