Subject: /usr/include/asm/io.h:308: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:27:35 +0200

Hi,
i am trying to build "pileup" which is a "SoundBlaster" morse trainer.
As it directly accesses hardware it seems to include some files which
aehm - dont seem to work for userspace :)

Does someone have an idea what goes wrong here ?

[...]
make CFLAGS="-O2 -g -Wall -D_REENTRANT"
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1'
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -D_REENTRANT -c  AdLib.c
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -D_REENTRANT -c pileup.c
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -D_REENTRANT -o pileup pileup.o AdLib.o -lm -lpthread 
pileup.o: In function `stop_thread':
/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:229: undefined reference to `ioperm'
/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:230: undefined reference to `ioperm'
pileup.o: In function `start_thread':
/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:289: undefined reference to `ioperm'
/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:290: undefined reference to `ioperm'
pileup.o: In function `main':
/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:625: undefined reference to `ioperm'
pileup.o:/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1/pileup.c:626: more undefined references to `ioperm' follow
AdLib.o: In function `wr_register':
/usr/include/asm/io.h:308: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'
/usr/include/asm/io.h:304: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'
/usr/include/asm/io.h:304: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'
AdLib.o: In function `AdLib_found':
/usr/include/asm/io.h:304: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'
AdLib.o: In function `ºm\*ºm\und':
/usr/include/asm/io.h:304: undefined reference to `mips_io_port_base'
make[1]: *** [pileup] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/builder/build/pileup-1.1'
make: *** [build] Error 2
[...]

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-subject-2-change
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."