Subject: Re: SNI RW320 (aka SGI Indigo?)

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:04:27 +0200

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:27:56PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> I'm doing my very first steps with MIPS hardware... Well, I got $Subject
> with IRIX5.2 installed (-> just right now, I have root access (there was
> an Objectserver installed;) as well as root access). It ships 48MB RAM,
> 520MB+1.2GB HDD and a LG1 graphics adaptor which has too high resolutions
> for my monitor;)
> 
> As I got no documentation, how can I boot that machine via tftp?

In the bootprom  

boot bootp():<kernelname> <kernelparameters>

The HardHat documentation shows this ...

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5241-470566
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."