Subject: Binary XFree

From: Mitja Bezget <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:19:45 +0200 (MET DST)

Hey!

I downloaded the binarys and installed successfuly.. But the 
server still wouldn't run.. it displays a senseless message:
Couldn't open log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log" 

although it is run as root and the directory exists.
any ideas? thanks!

cya
Mitja

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:39:43 +0200

No problem here. Should be a problem with you local setup. Can you
"touch /var/log/XFree86.0.log" as root?
 -- Guido

-- 
GPG-Public Key: http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/guenther.gpg.asc

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:27:48 +0200

I finally found the time to check the binaries. I screwed the
permissions. Changing to /usr/X11R6 and "chown -R root. *" should solve
the problem. You also have to set the XFree86 suid root.
 -- Guido