Subject: Re: gdbserver for MIPS

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 03:27:16 +0200

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 04:48:38PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:

> I finally got gdbserver working on MIPS.  Who should I submit the
> patches to?

For the moment to me, I'll pu them into our sources.

> There are three patches/changes made :
> 
> 1. in kernel, arch/mips/ptrace.c - I did not generate patch file as my
> kernel version is probably outdated.  Basically if  CONFIG_CPU_NO_FPU is
> defined, return -1 for reading FPC_EIR register, instead of actually
> reading the hardware.
> 
> 2. a patch for gdbserver - see attached gdb-4.17-mips-gdbserver.patch
> 
> 3. I need an additional patch for my particular board to work.  I am not
> sure if they are generically applicable.  This patch overcomes a VERY
> SLOW getprotobyname() problem and sending a virtual FP register value
> problem.  See the second attached file.

Getprotobyname - please check the settings the protocols database in
/etc/nsswitch.conf.

> There is still one annoyance - stepping through a glibc function would
> generate a unknown address warning.  Other than that, everything seems
> to work fine - with my limited tests, that it.

I've seen those warning but don't know the cause.

  Ralf