Subject: Linux on SGI Indy ?

From: "Ian Chilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 21:18:14 +0100

Hello,

I have just purchased a 2nd hand SGI Indy (100Mhz MIPS with 48MB RAM).

This is the first time I have seen/used IRIX, but I have been running Linux
for years.

My questions are:

* Can I run Linux on this machine?
* If so, where can I download it?
* Is anyone running Linux on an Indy, if so, i'd appreciate your comments
etc..

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  [email-masked]      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Mobile Phone (MAX 150 Chars!) -->  [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  --> Main Page                     |
 |  http://www.ichilton.co.uk    --> Own Web Server (When Online)  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/