Subject: MIPS64 ABI

From: [email-masked] (Jimi X)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:34:00 -0400 (EDT)

I used to get the MIPS 64-bit ABI from
  http://www.mipsabi.org/Tech/Specifications.html

But sadly there seems to be no www.mipsabi.org anymore.

Even more sadly I removed my copy knowing I could get it again easily
(afterall the net is really just one really big hard drive :])

Anyone know where I can get it now?

-Jimi X

---

From: Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:35:44 -0500

At one time, I thought I saw a copy somewhere on oss.sgi.com - but I
don't remember which version.  I checked my archives and found a copy of
System V ABI MIPS supplement 3.0 in PDF (approx. 463K), 3.1 (approx.
651K) and the processor conformace guide 1.2.2 (approx 282k).    I can
email you a copy if you would like.

 - Alan Hoyt -

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

> email you a copy if you would like.

These documents are available at http://www.sco.com/developer/devspecs/, but
we have copies of them at oss.sgi.com too.  Look in /pub/linux/mips/docs/ or
sometihng.  I think oss.sgi.com is down for the moment.

Ulf

---

From: [email-masked] (Jimi X)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 13:40:29 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "UC" == Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> "AH" == Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]> writes:

 AH> At one time, I thought I saw a copy somewhere on oss.sgi.com -
 AH> but I don't remember which version.  I checked my archives and
 AH> found a copy of System V ABI MIPS supplement 3.0 in PDF
 AH> (approx. 463K),

The 3.0 supplement is 32-bit only, I need the 64-bit.

 AH> 3.1 (approx. 651K) and the processor conformace guide 1.2.2
 AH> (approx 282k).  I can email you a copy if you would like.

Are they 64-bit? If so, please send 3.1 and the PSG 1.2.2. and once the
oss is up perhaps someone can place them there.
I have recieved a few "me too" requests so placeing them there would
be a benifit to all.

 UC> These documents are available at
 UC> http://www.sco.com/developer/devspecs/,

yeah, but only the the 3.0 supplement (32-bit)

 UC> but we have copies of them at oss.sgi.com too.  Look in
 UC> /pub/linux/mips/docs/ or sometihng.  I think oss.sgi.com is down
 UC> for the moment.

I will look there, though it still seems to be down.

Thanks,

-Jimi X

---

From: Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:03:57 -0500

It seems like oss.sgi.com is up and running again - the
/pub/linux/mips/doc/ABI/ should have most of what you might need.  I
placed what small amount of material I have at
http://www.unidial.com/~neuroinc/index.html - take a look and let me know
if it's of value.

 - Alan Hoyt -

---

From: Ulf Carlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

> /pub/linux/mips/doc/ABI/ should have most of what you might need.

I have put the stuff I was able to find there..

> I placed what small amount of material I have at
> http://www.unidial.com/~neuroinc/index.html

Hm.. this was *interesting*.  I haven't seen this 64-bit MIPS psABI.  Is there
any chance that I can my hands on a postscript of them?  Maybe you could
provide a tar.gz of the HTML documents...

Ulf

---

From: [email-masked] (Jimi X)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:02:10 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "AH" == Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]> writes:
 UC> I have put the stuff I was able to find there..

thank you

 AH> I placed what small amount of material I have at
 AH> http://www.unidial.com/~neuroinc/index.html - take a look and let
 AH> me know if it's of value.

ahhh, yes this is some of the stuff I was looking for, but...

I don't suppose you have the postscript and other docs that are
referenced by the web pages? example:
  http://www.unidial.com/~neuroinc/64-bit/psCh0.htm#Preface

 UC> Hm.. this was *interesting*.  I haven't seen this 64-bit MIPS
 UC> psABI.  Is there any chance that I can my hands on a postscript
 UC> of them?  Maybe you could provide a tar.gz of the HTML
 UC> documents...

Alan, if you can do this so Ulf can make them available then that
would be wonderfull.

What we really need to find out what happend to mipsabi.org and put
their stuff somewhere permananently s.a. oss.sgi or even one of the
linux or cygnus sites.

-Jimi X

---

From: Alan Hoyt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:26:26 -0500

I can provide a tar.gz wad of the html files. I have a few tapes left - will
search for any remaining material (additional html, ps, pdf, etc..).  It's going
to have to wait until the weekend though - I have a major deadline coming up with
very few free cycles to spare.

- Alan Hoyt -