Subject: glibc 2.2 based root fs available

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:15:24 -0700

This is the Simple MIPS/Linux 0.2a 'pre-Alpha and we're not joking'
release. You can obtain the kernel from
ftp://ftp.foobazco.org/pub/people/wesolows/mips-linux/kernels/vmlinux-24test2
and the filesystem from .../mips-linux/testing/core-0.2a.tar.gz. This
is a big-endian filesystem and the kernel is for SGI IP22.

This is a developer release, mainly to help shake out bugs in the
toolchain and glibc. This release will not run properly on kernel
2.2. Mandatory release notes are at
.../mips-linux/testing/README.core-02a. There is still a good deal of
functionality missing, including the networking utilities, ext2fs
tools, and a c++ compiler. This release includes the libemptysymbol
hack to work around the "undefined symbol: " problem until it's fixed.

Bug reports accepted but in general nothing is patched so you may also
wish to send reports to the appropriate maintainers.

Happy hacking!

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski			[email-masked]
University of Nevada			http://www.chem.unr.edu
Chemistry Department Systems and Network Administrator

---

From: Andreas Jaeger <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jun 2000 18:28:01 +0200

>>>>> Keith M Wesolowski writes:

 > hack to work around the "undefined symbol: " problem until it's fixed.

What kind of hack?  Can you make it available to me?  I haven't found
a fix for the problem yet :-(

Thanks a lot for making this available!

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs [email-masked]
   private [email-masked]

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:49:45 -0700

> a fix for the problem yet :-(

It's not a fix, just a workaround. See
ftp://ftp.foobazco.org/pub/people/wesolows/mips-linux/testing/libemptysymbol.so
and the accompanying README.