Subject: newport: glyph cursor and cmap

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:53:52 +0200

I'm currently trying to add a hw-cursor to the xserver. As far as I
understand the xmap9 docs the cursor has its own colormap on the cmap
chip sperate from the "normal" colormap. Can someone provide a small
codepiece or docs on how two manipulate this part of the cmap chip(via the
dcb)?  (i didn't find anything about the cmap chips on oss.sgi.com).
Regards,
 -- Guido

-- 
GPG-Public Key: http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/guenther.gpg.asc

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:14:03 +0200

> dcb)?  (i didn't find anything about the cmap chips on oss.sgi.com).

have you looked at newport_con.c ? It uses a hardware cursor.

Thomas.

-- 
   This device has completely bogus header. Compaq scores again :-|
It's a host bridge, but it should be called ghost bridge instead ;^)
                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]