Subject: Can't find |

From: "Ian Chilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:12:17 +0100

Hello,

I have recently bought an Indy, but didn't get a keyboard with it, so I
plugged a standard UK PS/2 keyboard in. All works well, except the | (pipe).

The key that's labelled ¦ (Left of the Z key) normally does |
In Windows, If you do CTRL-ALT and the key left of 1, it shows ¦

But, on the Indy I can only get the ¦ character, and can't find the |
anywhere, which is annoying, because the | is useful / essential in UNIX.

I have it set for UK keyboard in the Maintence section on boot, and in IRIX
itself....

Anyone have any ideas?   Getting a bit desperate!

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  [email-masked]      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Mobile Phone (MAX 150 Chars!) -->  [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  --> Main Page                     |
 |  http://www.ichilton.co.uk    --> Own Web Server (When Online)  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:43:27 +0200

> plugged a standard UK PS/2 keyboard in. All works well, except the | (pipe).

Dunno about IRIX or the proms but Linux assumes that you have a standard
keyboard.

  Ralf