Subject: Re: Compile speed on SGI/Linux (like Indy)

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:32:33 +0200

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 03:15:19AM +0900, Hiroshi Kawashima wrote:

> I deeply appreciate if anyone suggest me compile time for any source
> packages on Indy or other SGI machines.  Compile time of any source
> packages is very helpful for me.

There will be debian-mips and debian-mipsel "Real Soon" - I am working
on mipsel and mips with a lot others - Resulting packages (mips
and mipsel) can be found at ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mips and
mipsel.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-waiting-4-telekom
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."

---

From: "Ian Chilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:32:55 +0100

Hello,

> There will be debian-mips and debian-mipsel "Real Soon"

Please could you explain a little more..?

What is the difference between these 2?

Thanks!

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : [email-masked]              |
 \-------------------------------------------/

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:05:59 +0200

> What is the difference between these 2?

The Endianess - debian-mips is Big Endian - Like
the SGI Indy and Indigo2

mipsel is Little Endian like the Digital Decstation and
a handful others.

Flo

---

From: "Ian Chilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:41:28 +0100

Hello,

> The Endianess - debian-mips is Big Endian - Like

Is there any documentation on how to install this then?

Thanks!

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:06:43 +0200

> Is there any documentation on how to install this then?

They are still incomplete - Important packages are still missing and
and there are no "boot images" available - They will be available
once we have a complete set of packages and there will be documentation.

Flo