Subject: Re: Problems booting Indigo...

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:29:33 +0200

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 12:25:27PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> I hacked the BSD tftpd last night (-> standalone and send from #69) but
> you're right. It makes no difference at all. This morning, I played with
> the transceiver again -- 2 switches, 4 possibilities. Tested all, but
> no success. Some two month ago I booted that Indigo over net (okay, it
> crashed immediately;) but the only difference is that we used a switched
> port there... It's brain-dead, but I'll fetch a switch from my old school
> and test it...

It cant be the tftp server etc - Use your brain - We have booted
your machine here - Its an ARP problem i guess. 

And BTW - Use a hub - i had loads of problems booting the
decstation and the indigo2 via a switch - Hangs in the middle
were completely normal.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-waiting-4-telekom
"Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots."

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:30:07 +0200

> your machine here - Its an ARP problem i guess. 

...and on which side? TFTP server hat Indigo's ARP address statically
set - without I can't even see the tftp request...

> decstation and the indigo2 via a switch - Hangs in the middle

.oO( If I only would reach the middle )

MfG, JBG

-- 
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]> -- +49-177-5601720 */
keyID=0x8399E1BB fingerprint=250D 3BCF 7127 0D8C A444 A961 1DBD 5E75 8399 E1BB
     "insmod vi.o and there we go..." (Alexander Viro on linux-kernel)