Subject: New Linux/MIPS Site Online!

From: "Ian Chilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:09:47 +0100

Hello,

The new "Unofficial Linux/MIPS Site" is now available.
Go to: http://www.linux-mips.org

More to come, but it's there, and there's plenty of links!   :-)

Thanks to:
Klaus Naumann		-->  Some of the content + counter
Richard Hartensveld	-->  Hosting / domain

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton     (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  Backup E-Mail -->  [email-masked]      ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  Mobile Phone (MAX 150 Chars!) -->  [email-masked]  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  --> Main Page                     |
 |  http://www.ichilton.co.uk    --> Own Web Server (When Online)  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  "Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."  |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: "J. Scott Kasten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:52:09 -0300

I've noticed in the Hard Hat 5.1 and the Simple Linux distros that GDB is
lacking.  Is there a reason for that?  This is not a complaint, but more
an iquiry to find out if there's known problems before I go banging my
head against the wall trying to build something that won't for some
reason or the other.

I'm presently using egcs-1.1.2, binutils 2.9.5, BFD 000425, and
glibc-2.0.6 from Simple Linux 0.1 on an Indy.

Would appreciate any tips/tricks/caveats beforehand.

Thanks!

--

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"The only future you have is the one
 you choose to make for yourself..."

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:34:52 -0700

> Would appreciate any tips/tricks/caveats beforehand.

There is gdb 5.0 in the experimental Simple 0.2a set. You can try it
at ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/userland-0.2a/.
Note that this is glibc 2.2 based and may be highly unstable.
Nevertheless, it's what I'm currently using and I can verify that gdb
works. You may also be able to build gdb 4.17 or so from CVS on your
glibc 2.0 system; I don't know.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski			[email-masked]
University of Nevada			http://www.chem.unr.edu
Chemistry Department Systems and Network Administrator

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:41:01 -0700

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 10:00:13AM -0300, J. Scott Kasten wrote:

> Was not able to native compile any GDB from 4.16 to 5.0.  The ./configure
> script always complains "arch not supported".  It looks like I'll have to
> try the version at the URL you mention above.
> 
> Note: detected arch was "mips-unknown-linux-gnu" which would seem correct.

For 4.1x you should get it from CVS on oss.sgi.com. For 5.0 you will
need the Maciej patches (see mailing list archives); you can get them
at
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/userland-0.2a/src/gdb*,
or originals at http://www.ds2.pg.gda.pl/~macro/.