Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:56:57 -0700

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 10:23:50AM -0700, Kanoj Sarcar wrote:

> Log message:
> 	Make prom_printf() functional on IP27s. And prom_printf() is not an
> 	init function, it needs to be around during regular system usage.

On my system after the first TLB flush all PROM functions are no longer
usable since the function pointer point to mapped space.  Similar for
other ARC machines.

  Ralf

---

From: Kanoj Sarcar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:12:58 -0700 (PDT)

> usable since the function pointer point to mapped space.  Similar for

I can see how the IP27 can have access to prom functions after init.
Not sure how arc behaves on other machines, but I guess if you really
wanted to use arc prom functions after init, you could take steps to
ensure that ...

Kanoj