Subject: Re: IGS5050 Driver

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 20:56:08 +0200

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 02:26:02PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, [ks_c_5601-1987] ±èÇÑ?º wrote:
> > I want to know that there is a IGS5050 Grpahic chip driver for linux-mips.
> > If yes, where is the driver files?
> 
> linux/drivers/video/cyber2000fb.c is a driver for the IGS CyberPro 2000, 2010
> and 5000 in the NetWinder, which has an ARM CPU. If the 5050 is sufficient
> compatible with the 5000 it should not be too difficult to get cyber2000fb to
> work on the 5050 on the MIPS.

When back from Canada i will start working on that beast - I have 100
SetTopBoxes with the 5000/5050 Combination (Video and Audio Controller).
(These are x86 based)

The IGS People seem to be quiet helpful - I mailed them concerning
Documentation and got a LARGE pdf back for this Chip.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5201-669912
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."