Subject: Problems with various packages on MIPS

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:55:27 +0100

Hello,

I am currently building a Linux system from scratch on my Indy.

I am having problems compiling groff and Perl...

groff 1.16 gives the following error:

Making tbl.n from tbl.man
sed: -e expression #19, char 22: Unterminated `s' command
make[2]: *** [tbl.n] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs-script/tmp/groff-1.16/src/preproc/tbl'
make[1]: *** [src/preproc/tbl] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs-script/tmp/groff-1.16'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Perl, I have tried the normal v5.6.0, and then when that didn't work, I downloaded the SRPM for Perl 5.004_04, from oss.sgi.com, unpacked that, patched it with the patches from the srpm, and it does exactly the same thing:

bash-2.04# make 
makefile:531: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
bash-2.04# 

Any ideas?

Also, please could someone tell me where the latest util-linux patch is for MIPS?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : [email-masked]              |
 \-------------------------------------------/

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:33:59 +0200

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs-script/tmp/groff-1.16'

The problem is the contained - "mdate.sh" script which gives
random output (Sometimes date - somtimes date + time) - I have no
clue why it does this but i have a fix (New mdate.sh script) for
this in the debian BTS.

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=62554

The original bug is 143 Days old meanwhile ...

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."