Subject: atomic.h changes fixed bug Was: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:25:17 +0100

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 04:59:17PM -0700, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/home/pub/cvs
> Module name:	linux
> Changes by:	[email-masked]	00/10/26 16:59:17
> 
> Modified files:
> 	include/asm-mips: atomic.h 
> 	include/asm-mips64: atomic.h 
> 
> Log message:
> 	Add memory clobbers to the atomic_*_return functions.  I hope this
> 	fixes the file corruption / `D' state processes people observe.

This at least fixes the file corruption stuff i have been seeing
(Never The Same Checksum aka NTSC)

remake:/home/flo# md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
remake:/home/flo# md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
remake:/home/flo# md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
remake:/home/flo# md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
remake:/home/flo# md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:47:32 +0100

> (Never The Same Checksum aka NTSC)

I was to quick ... It seems to be partially fixed ...

flo@remake:~$ md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
e91fa9fbda045965f12a49def8cafb3a  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
06f1bb64a75cf475dfbbde5bb28d8420  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
ade38e19b446a6432f9424994840a699  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ md5sum xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
8495ab01d5bd2047311e38d0a7612882  xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ pwd
/home2/flo
flo@remake:~$ md5sum /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ md5sum /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ md5sum /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
590767187e145407bcda582facf5afc0  /home/flo/xfree86_4.0.1.orig.tar.gz
flo@remake:~$ df
Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1               762860    634544     89564  88% /
/dev/sdb1              2079044     50668   1922764   3% /home2

So it seems there is still some problem in some i/o stuff concerning
the different disk ...

Flo

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 02:17:41 +0100

> So it seems there is still some problem in some i/o stuff concerning

I only get those corruption reports from Indy users but from no other
platform.

  Ralf

---

From: Klaus Naumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 07:35:52 +0100 (CET)

> I only get those corruption reports from Indy users but from no other

That's not correct - I have been reporting that I see these problems on my
Indigo2 several months ago.

	CU, Klaus

-- 
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: ([email-masked])
PGP Key     : www.mgnet.de/keys/key_spock.txt

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:39:48 +0100

> I only get those corruption reports from Indy users but from no other

Non Indy users also report this (Klaus Naumann e.g.) but i do not see
this on my R4400 I2 only on the R4600 Indy ...

Flo

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:14:55 +0100

> Indigo2 several months ago.

Which essentially is a Indy as far as of interest for this problem.  IP22
would have been more exact, I admit.

  Ralf