Subject: [Fwd: CrossGcc steps!]

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:03:00 +0300

Subject: Re: CrossGcc steps!
From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:14:42 +0300

Hello Jan,

Finally I have the CVS linux tree in my directory but now I have another problem. As I said I used
binutils 2.8.1 with patches anf egcs1.0.3a with patches but when I do make clean make dep and make
I get the following error at make:

arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o: In function 'init_IRQ'
irq.c (__ksymtab+0x80) : undefined refernce to 'enable_irq'
irq.c (__ksymtab+0x88) : undefined refernce to 'disable_irq'

arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o: In function 'do_IRQ'
irq.c(.text.init+0x5a8): undefined refernce to 'prom_init'
irq.c(.text.init+0x5a8): relocation truncated to fit : R_MIPS_26 prom_init

arch/mips/mm/mm.o : In function 'free_initmem'
init.c(.text+0x694): undefined refernce to 'prom_free_prom_memory'
init.c(.text+0x694): relocation truncated to fit : R_MIPS_26 prom_free_prom_memory

arch/mips/mm/mm.o : In function 'get_pte_slow'
init.c(.text.init+0x278): undefined reference to 'page_is_ram'
init.c(.text.init+0x278): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 page_is_ram

arch/mips/mm/mm.o : In function 'do_check_pgt_cache'
init.c(.text.init+0x39c):undefined refernce to 'prom_printf'
init.c(.text.init+0x39c):relocation truncated to fit : R_MIPS_26 prom_printf

make : *** (vmlinux) Error 1

Can anyone help me with this kind of error ?

What I wanted to ask you is : did you make any particular configuration for this kernel with make
menuconfig ?
Or the problem is not from the CVS kernel ?

Regards,
Nicu