Subject: Installing Linux on an Indy

From: "Budgester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:18:19 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to Install Linux on an INDY, but due to lack of knowledge and me
being a bit of a newbie I am having problems.

I have a i386 server setup and as much documentation as I can find,

I am using the foobazco docs at the moment.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to solve the following problem.

Where do I find base.tar.gz ?

Thanks

Budgester

---

From: Alistair MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:40:11 +0100 (BST)

> Where do I find base.tar.gz ?

You can find the most recent versions of the code at:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/userland-0.2b

There isn't a base.tar.gz in the 'simple' system any more. I found that
for a diskless Indy I could just extract all these packages into one
directory and then mount that. You'll need the most recent kernel from: 

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/kernels

as well. 

If you plan on running with this setup then you will probably want to
create a /tmp directory and a /var/log which appeared to be missing on
mine.

Alistair