Subject: gcc : ... is greater than maximum object file alignment

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:18:17 -0700

I looked carefully again at the output for building glibc, and I found
the following warnings.  If I remembered correctly, Ralf has already
fixed a similar problem a while back.  Maybe it is not in the patch
file?  I am using egcs-1.0.3a-2.diff.gz on oss.sgi.com site.

pthread.c:31: warning: alignment of `__pthread_initial_thread' is
greater than maximum object file alignment
pthread.c:62: warning: alignment of `__pthread_manager_thread' is
greater than maximum object file alignment

Jun

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 02:41:56 +0200

> greater than maximum object file alignment

The fix was only available as part of the cross-egcs-1.0.3a-2 package but
not us unbundled patch.  It's now available there.  Note that the
native compiler also isn't based on this latest patch.

  Ralf