Subject: CrossGcc Kernel fail.

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:23:11 +0300

Hello once again,

In all the documentation found on the web it says that after building
binutils and gcc I should be able to compile the MIPS Kernel sources. Or
my problem is that I can not compile the sources. Any ideas why ?
The compilation gives me the following error:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors.

I used binutils 2.8.1 with the patch and egcs 1.0.3a along with add-ons
( crypt and linuxthreads ).

Another question : in all the docs that I found says apply patch
binutils-<version>-mips.patch, gcc-<version>-mips.patch and the same for
glibc. I did a search for binutils-2.8.1-mips.patch and I did not find
anything. Can anyone tell me where to find those patches ?

Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:39:34 +0200

> cc1: warnings being treated as errors.

Linus once made errors of all warnings, but that's ages ago... What
kernel do you try to compile? Anything else than current CVS tree?

> anything. Can anyone tell me where to find those patches ?

What's wrong with ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/crossdev/srpms/* ?

MfG, JBG

-- 
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]> -- +49-177-5601720 */
keyID=0x8399E1BB fingerprint=250D 3BCF 7127 0D8C A444 A961 1DBD 5E75 8399 E1BB
     "insmod vi.o and there we go..." (Alexander Viro on linux-kernel)