Subject: MIPS ftp problem!

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:16:20 -0500

Hello,

I have a problem with the mips machine. I have an Atlas board and when I
do ftp on the mips machine from a intel one and I try to transfer files
( it works very very slow 0,0234 bytes/s). The same is happening when I
try to make ftp from the mips machine on a intel box ( all running Linux
).

Thanks,
Nicu

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:02:07 -0800

> try to make ftp from the mips machine on a intel box ( all running Linux

Nicu,

I had the similar problems for several times.  Most of the times it
turned out to be interrupt problems.  Basically the ether interrupt is
not interrupting the CPU.  Sometimes CPU detects the ether interrupt
later through some other interrupts.  For one time it was a hardware
setup problem (bus frequency is set too high). 

I also had one problem with /etc/nssswitch.conf, which cuases all
network apps pause for a long time during startup.

Hope this helps.

Jun

---

From: Brady Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:26:19 -0700

> try to make ftp from the mips machine on a intel box ( all running Linux

Is this using the Atlas on-board NIC? We found some pretty bad performance
with the on-board NIC and went to the very cheap RTL8139 PCI card from
OvisLink (used the 8139too.o driver). Performance there is pretty good.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brady Brown ([email-masked])       Work:(801)619-6103
Texas Instruments: Broadband Access Group
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~