Subject: [ANNOUNCE] glibc 2.2 (2.1.95) debian packages available

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:18:02 +0200

Hi,
yesterday i managed to get glibc 2.2 debian source packages to compile
under mips - I used cvs gcc 20001007 and binutils of the same date
including 2 patches for gcc. 

For glibc i used the default debian source package 2.1.95 + 2 patches
concerning dl-machine.h - One from the cvs and one from oss.sgi.com.

Packages are available at 

ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mips/glibc

It seems that the incompatibility problems i had with previous versions
concerning bash are gone. I am able to compile a 2.2 bash in the chroot
populated with the glibc 2.2 and 2.0 binarys ( And it also works ).

It seems there is a bug in bash concerning non-existance of /proc 
which will cause my bash to segfault but mounting proc in the chroot
solves this.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff		[email-masked]		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 04:23:46 +0100

> populated with the glibc 2.2 and 2.0 binarys ( And it also works ).

There was a bug in the generic code of 2.2 which I recently fixed.  Since
then I have at least 99% compatibility with old binaries.

> which will cause my bash to segfault but mounting proc in the chroot

Upgrade your libc or fix it yourself, it's trivial.  <sys/syscalls.h> needs
to include <asm/unistd.h>.  This will also fix mysterious compile problems
of the adjtime package.

  Ralf