Subject: Linux Mips kernel!

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:22:27 -0400

Hello,

I have the final version of Mips Linux kernel from the CVS site but I do
not manage to compile it.
After make menuconfig , make  dep and make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-   I
get the following error.

 h/mips/kernel/kernel.o: In function `i8259_do_irq':
irq.c(.text.init+0x370): undefined reference to `prom_init'
irq.c(.text.init+0x370): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26
prom_init
arch/mips/mm/mm.o: In function `free_initmem':
init.c(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `prom_free_prom_memory'
init.c(.text+0x664): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26
prom_free_prom_memory
arch/mips/mm/mm.o: In function `get_pte_slow':
init.c(.text.init+0x278): undefined reference to `page_is_ram'
init.c(.text.init+0x278): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26
page_is_ram
arch/mips/mm/mm.o: In function `do_check_pgt_cache':
init.c(.text.init+0x39c): undefined reference to `prom_printf'
init.c(.text.init+0x39c): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26
prom_printf
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Can anyone help me ?

Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:04:59 +0200

> After make menuconfig , make  dep and make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-   I
[..snip..] 
what versions of gcc/binutils are you using? I'd recommend binutils
2.8.1 + mips-patches & egcs 1.0.3a + mips-patches. If I remember
correntcly they are packaged ready for crosscompiling on oss.
Regards,
 -- Guido