Subject: Possible GCC Bug

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:26:10 +0100

Hello,

Compiling CVS GCC from yesturday, nativly, using egcs 1.0.3a and binutils 2.8.1

(CVS Binutils compiled fine without patches BTW)

if [ -f stmp-dirs ]; then true; else touch stmp-dirs; fi
/usr/bin/ld:libgcc.map:1: parse error in VERSION script
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd2/lfstmp/gcc/gcc-build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd2/lfstmp/gcc/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage_a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd2/lfstmp/gcc/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
bash-2.04# 

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : [email-masked]              |
 \-------------------------------------------/