Subject: will this work in an Indy?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:15:48 -0500

Internal Transfer Rate (mbits/sec) 44 - 65 External Transfer Rate
(mbits/sec) 10 (burst) Spindle Speed (RPM) 5,400 Average Latency (msec) 5.55
Buffer 1024 Kbyte Interface 50 Pin SCSI-2 FAST Bytes Per Track (avg)
42,000-55,440 TPI (Tracks Per Inch) 2,250 Average Access (ms read/write)
11/12 Single Track Seek (ms) 0.9/1.7 Max Full Seek (ms) 23/24
Height: 3.25 in / 82.6 mm Width: 5.75 in / 146.1 mm Depth: 8.0 in / 203 mm
Weight: 7.8lb / 3.6 kg 

Tim Maloney
Senior Developer
iXL, Inc.
1930 Camden Road, Suite 2070
Charlotte, NC 28203
704 943-7193 phone
[email-masked]
www.ixl.com

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:12:06 +0100

> Height: 3.25 in / 82.6 mm Width: 5.75 in / 146.1 mm Depth: 8.0 in / 203 mm

I am getting a bit annoyed by the "Will this work in ..." - This is definitly
not something which should be discusses in here (Although small amounts
of Off-Topic mails will be tolerated) ...

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?

---

From: "J. Scott Kasten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:32:11 -0400

I suppose then that you have some constructive comments on where that
fellow should go to ask such questions???  I for one have been answering
him off line to keep the traffic down because the questions fell into the
general knowledge category, but newbies have to learn somewhere...

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:52:59 +0100

> fellow should go to ask such questions???  I for one have been answering

Asking the same question over and over again is very anoying - A couple
of people have answered already that ANY SCSI Drive/CD-Rom will do fine
but it doesnt seem to reach the originator.

There have been lists concerning all aspects of SGI Systems
which should be called sgi-managers IIRC. 

This list is called "linux-mips" and from my opinion it deals
with the aspects of the Mips Port of Linux. And i dont
think that SCSI questions fall into that category.
As i already said - I am not annoyed by single Off-Topic mails
but repeated questions (read: forwarding of sell advertisements)
is not really something concerning the topic.

> general knowledge category, but newbies have to learn somewhere...

Learn about what ? Asking any Question Anywhere ?

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

Flo

---

From: Florian Laws <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:04:52 +0100

> which should be called sgi-managers IIRC. 

The newsgroup comp.sys.sgi.hardware should be appropraite, too.

Florian