Subject: Re: Too much spam

From: Florian Laws <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:30:39 +0100

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 10:22:27PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 06:22:34PM +0100, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> 
> > >I'm getting more spam over this list than actual posts.
> > >Is anyone able to do anything against that ?
> > 
> > Last time I wrote the same, I got some ACKs and nothing changed.
> 
> Simply because non of the subscribers has the power to change things.
> All I can do is (un)subscribe people.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to change the information for the Linux/MIPS
project on http://www.linux.org/projects/ports.html to
the new web sites and the mailing list on oss?

I think especially people looking for a Linux on MIPS project for the
first time come across that information and subscribe to the fnet list
first, so changing that data would be a first step for a possible shutdown
of the fnet list at some time in the future.

I ask the linux.org site maintainers if they could change the information,
if desired. But I am not sure which web site to use as the primary site
of the Linux/MIPS project. 
Comments?

Florian

---

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:45:19 +0000

Hello,

> of the Linux/MIPS project. 

The official site is at oss.sgi.com, but the official web site for #mipslinux (on irc.openprojects.net) is:
http://www.linux-mips.org

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : [email-masked]              |
 \-------------------------------------------/