Subject: Cross_compiler!

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 18:13:28 -0500

Hello  you all,

I have a development board ( ATLAS + QED 5261 processor ).

Does anyone from you did cross compiled a kernel for mips on a i686
machine ? I am struggling for three weeks now to do that and nothing
works. Mr. Weselows said  some days ago  to get the Linux_2_2 form CVS
and indeed I could cross compile that kernel  but after that I found out
that  the kernel  does not have support for ATLAS board.

I tried the following kernel versions
1. linux.2.2.12 from the Atlas board CD
2. linux 2.2.13 from lineo.com
3. linux 2.2.14 from oss.sgi.com( linux2_2 from CVS site )
4. linux 2.2.17

Best Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 11:47:39 -0800

> 3. linux 2.2.14 from oss.sgi.com( linux2_2 from CVS site )

Nicu,

You can get the cross-compile tool chains from the monta vista ftp
site.  These tools are considered stable and recommeded - at least
before Ralf shows his latest toys. :-0

1. binutils 2.8.1
2. egcs 1.0.3a
3. glibc 2.0.6

The ftp site is 

ftp.mvsiat.com:/pub/Area51/ddb-5476/

Hopefully before the end of this weekend, there will a little more
updated release with a new name prefix, some bug fixes and for both
little endiand and big endian.  The current one is for little endian. 
If you know how to use rpm, you can create your own big-endian tools
pretty easily.

Jun

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:05:21 -0500 (EST)

This is not linux specific, but I'm hoping someone will have a
suggestion.  I recently got an Indigo2 r8000.  Anything I hook up to the
external chain is flakey.  It won't always boot (complains about cable
disk or cdrom error), and I get regular scsi timeouts.  Does anyone have
suggestions how to fix this?
	Thanks
		Nick

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:10:57 +0100

> 2. egcs 1.0.3a

Sorry to ruin your weekend but I've alredy put egcs-1.1.2 on oss two days
before your posting :-)

  Ralf

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:14:54 -0800

> Sorry to ruin your weekend but I've alredy put egcs-1.1.2 on oss two days

My weekend was just fine - without reading this bothersome email. :-)

I thought egcs-1.1.2 had some problems with binutil 2.8.1 and glibc
2.0.6.  Was the problem solved?  

Jun

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:16:46 +0100

> 2.0.6.  Was the problem solved?  

Kindof.  I just dumped the multilib support.  I don't know of anybody who
was actually using it, so away with it ...

  Ralf