Subject: Re: DNS

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:23:36 +0000

Hello,

> What is the best version to use, and where could I download it?  Is
> there a site that is archiving pre-compiled binaries?

I have found 2.0.6 to be ok, and am currently working on 2.2

I think I got 2.0.6 from the gnu site, and used patches from
oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips, but I have them for download.

ftp://download.ichilton.co.uk/pub/ichilton/linux-mips  or
http://download.ichilton.co.uk/linux-mips

You will find them in the toolchains directory under v1 and v2:

v1 = glibc 2.0.6, egcs 1.0.3a, binutils 2.8.1, kernel 2.2.14
v2 = glibc 2.2, gcc 2.97, binutils 2.10.91, kernel 2.4

Also, if all else fails, check the links page...there are loads of
sites with Linux/MIPS stuff on  :)
http://linuxmips.ichilton.co.uk

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |        Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.         |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/