Subject: Atlas support.

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:25:48 -0500

Hello Carsten,

I so in the linux 2.2.12 on the Atlas board that you added support for
this board in this kernel. What I need now is kernel2.2.14 for ATLAS
boards. What should I do in order to have such a thing ?
I did  the following :
1. I modified the Config.in from /linux2.2.14/arch/mips with the lines
from 2.2.12 regarding ATLAS board. The same I did with the Makefile from
the same directory.
2. copied the atlas directory from 2.2.12 into arch/mips/atlas on the
2.2.14 kernel and also the linux/include/asm/atlas/ from 2.2.12 into
2.2.14 directory .
And now I did the following : make menuconfig and  appeared the Mips
Atlaas Board
make dep ( I dod not know if this is correct ) and make
CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-.But I got the following errors:
 In file included from /usr/mips-linux/include/linux/sched.h:15,
                 from setup.c:30:
/usr/mips-linux/include/linux/timex.h:159: field `time' has incomplete
type
In file included from /usr/mips-linux/include/linux/sched.h:18,
                 from setup.c:30:
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:30: parse error before
`wait_queue_head_
t'
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:30: warning: no semicolon at end
of stru
ct or union
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:34: warning: empty declaration
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `sema_init':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:64: dereferencing pointer to
incompletetype
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:65: dereferencing pointer to
incompletetype
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:66: dereferencing pointer to
incompletetype
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `down':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:92: dereferencing pointer to
incompletetype
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function
`down_interruptible':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:103: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `down_trylock':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:113: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `up':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:188: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: At top level:
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:219: parse error before
`wait_queue_head
_t'
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:219: warning: no semicolon at
end of str
uct or union
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:220: warning: data definition
has no typ
e or storage class
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `init_rwsem':
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:252: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:253: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:254: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h:255: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete
 type
/usr/mips-linux/include/asm/semaphore.h: In function `down_read':
In file included from /usr/mips-linux/include/linux/sched.h:76,
                 from setup.c:30:
/usr/mips-linux/include/linux/timer.h:21: field `list' has incomplete
type
setup.c:59: storage class specified for parameter `atlas_irq_setup'
setup.c:75: redefinition of `__initfunc'
setup.c:60: `__initfunc' previously defined here
setup.c: In function `__initfunc':
setup.c:86: `atlas_irq_setup' undeclared (first use this function)
setup.c:86: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
setup.c:86: for each function it appears in.)
setup.c:135: `mips_cpu' undeclared (first use this function)
setup.c:135: `MIPS_CPU_FPU' undeclared (first use this function)
setup.c:137: `pci_ops' undeclared (first use this function)
[WIFEXITED(s) && WEXITSTATUS(s) == 33], 0, NULL) = 5696
--- SIGCHLD (Child exited) ---
stat("/tmp/cc2u8Czo.s", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1823, ...}) = 0
unlink("/tmp/cc2u8Czo.s")               = 0
stat("/tmp/cc2u8Czo.i", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=61912, ...}) = 0
unlink("/tmp/cc2u8Czo.i")               = 0
_exit(1)                                = ?
[root@ares kernel]#

this is an output from a strace make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-

Maybe there is a patch for what I need , maybe some will help me .
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:56:30 +0100

If you don't know what you are doing it is not that simple to get Atlas
support in the 2.2.14 kernel.
It will probably take me a couple of days, but I'm afraid I don't have the
time.
Right now I'm in the progress of integrating our 2.2.12 work into the 2.4.0
kernel.
I have already sent Ralf a patch, so one can run the 2.4.0 kernel on the
Atlas board with a QED, but I don't think he had committed it yet.

I hope to have a new patch with FP emulator integrated for the 2.4.0 kernel
ready in next week, if time permits it.

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:[email-masked]
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com