Subject: More GCC problems

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:21:05 +0000

Hello,

I posted the other day, with a problem compiling the GCC from oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev/src
I think it was 17/10/2000 IIRC.

I am trying to build a static GCC (2.97) using egcs 1.0.3a

So, I tried the older 07-07-2000, and this does not work either....arrgh

gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wtraditional -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -O2 -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/config -I../../gcc/../include \
  ../../gcc/gencheck.c
cc1: Invalid option `-Wno-long-long'
make[2]: *** [gencheck.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hd2/lfstmp/gcc-000707/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I tried running make in the gcc directory, and get:

gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wtraditional -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/config -I../../gcc/../include ../../gcc/fold-const.c
../../gcc/fold-const.c: In function `div_and_round_double':
../../gcc/fold-const.c:676: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../gcc/fold-const.c: In function `optimize_bit_field_compare':
../../gcc/fold-const.c:2936: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../gcc/fold-const.c: In function `fold':
../../gcc/fold-const.c:5726: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
../../gcc/fold-const.c:5737: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
/tmp/cca08866.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cca08866.s:27593: Error: Branch out of range
/tmp/cca08866.s:27632: Error: Branch out of range
/tmp/cca08866.s:27637: Error: Branch out of range
make: *** [fold-const.o] Error 1
[root@dale:/mnt/hd2/lfstmp/gcc-000707/gcc-build/gcc]# 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/ 
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : [email-masked]              |
 \-------------------------------------------/