Subject: ATLAS board!

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:18:55 -0500

Hello ,

I have an Atlas board with a mips processor. I managed to cross compile
a MIPS kernel on our I686 machines but when I try to load the kernel
image on the mips with the following command ( I do not know other way
and if there is one please let me know ) "load
tftp:/linux/mipseb/vmlinux "  I get the following error

About to load tftp://192.168.200.1/linux/mipseb/di_vmlinux5000
Press Ctrl-C to break
Error : Line too long
Diag  : Line 1, ELF

Can anyone help me ?

Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:35:49 +0100

The loader in the prom-monitor (YAMON), doesn't understand the elf-format,
you have to convert your kernel image to a SREC format.
You can do it the following way:

objcopy -O srec vmlinux vmlinux.srec

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:[email-masked]
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com