Subject: DNS

From: Jordan Crouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:13:32 -0700

Has anyone encountered peculiar happenings with the 2.0.7 glibc and
resolving names via DNS?  It is simply *NOT* going out to the specifiec
nameserver (verified via line sniffer), even though /etc/resolv.conf is
present and correct.  Any lookups with the /etc/hosts file work great,
its just when I try to go out on the network.

Has anyone noticed any strangeness with this????

Jordan

---

From: Klaus Naumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:27:25 +0100 (CET)

> Has anyone encountered peculiar happenings with the 2.0.7 glibc and

Please don't use glibc 2.0.7 . A lot of ppl (including me) have found out,
that it doesn't work.

		HTH, Klaus

-- 
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: ([email-masked])
PGP Key     : www.mgnet.de/keys/key_spock.txt

---

From: Mark Lehrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:29:22 -0700

What is the best version to use, and where could I download it?  Is
there a site that is archiving pre-compiled binaries?

Thanks!
Mark

---

From: Jordan Crouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:52:54 -0700

Actually, thanks to the hard work of Mike Klar and the boys at SuSE, I
have been able to track down a decently working copy of the libc 2.0.7,
which I have compiled for a VR4122.  In fact, until I hit this DNS
problem, it has been working without a hitch, including pthreads and
some other fairly complicated concepts.

Jordan